Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Berry Sweet Birthday!!


Today is my friend's Birthday. She lives in my neighborhood and has come to some of my Stampin' Up! workshops. When she has come, she has mentioned that she never makes cards...so, I thought I would make her a fun set for her birthday. I made 2 of each design for a total of 6 cards and envelopes. I went to find a card tin to put them in, but they were sold out. I found this flat tin instead, which I like how nicely it fits the cards in. It looks nice and full, rather than skimpy. I addes stickles to each strawberry for a fun effect!


This is one of the designs. I added my own stems rather than the one that comes with the set. They are a little floppy, but it was easier than masking the boot.



I also decided to carry on the strawberry theme and make some chocolate dipped strawberries. Yummy! I bought too large of strawberries, so they didn't fit in the box, but I don't think it looks *too* bad. I am sure she could care less as soon as she sees what is inside! LOL! I had a lot of fun working on this set. Everything is quite simple as far as the design elements go, but I think as a set it goes nicely together.







I found the box for the strawberries in the cake decorating section at the LCS. It is meant to hold a half pound of candy. I think next time I will opt for the full pound box. I was able to get 6 strawberries into this size, but like I mentioned before, it was tight fit. I had so much fun making this set, that I may make a few more for the teachers who were in charge of the school play. The last perfomance was Tuesday. While I am glad it is over, it has been alot of fun getting to know the girls better.

Also, I did get my Saltbox Studio stamp sets organized! Yay! I will show you the pictures tomorrow!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so creative! (BTW, my birthday is in November if you have the itch to dip berries then....)
Sara

Tina said...

That is so cute! She is sure to be pleased!

Becky Carafa said...

How beautiful is this set! I love the strawberry theme, and the papers are just gorgeous!

Angie Tieman said...

What a wonderful gift set, and so thoughtful of you! Love the cards, the tin, the packaging, everything!

Nancy Riley said...

I bet your friend LOVED this! Very creative!

Anonymous said...

YUM-O!! This is darling!!

Christina Fischer said...

Oh my gosh -- this is such a fantastic set! Cute and sweet -- I love every detail! :)