Friday, May 31, 2024

Your Future Looks Bright

Hello and welcome! I'm popping in to share some graduation projects I've been working on! I have a tendency to not post the graduation projects I make because May is always frantic and I'm generally doing them last minute! haha!  I got a head start this year and everything has been delivered with the exception of one card that needs to be mailed still.  This particular ensemble was delivered personally with some additional goodies, so no mailing required!

I used the colors from the graduation announcement for both projects because that's always fun and makes it more personal for the graduate. If you aren't sure of colors or just want to mass produce, black gowns always work, too! In fact, I will be sharing another graduation post using different colors than the ones I've used today, but my stash of green paper that matches the school colors is almost gone, so I will share in that post how I made it work! ha ha!

I absolutely love the Go-To Gift Card Holder: Congratulations Graduate! die and couldn't wait to put this one together! I die cut the main gown portion twice from Enchanted Evening cardstock and then added some Enchanted Evening ink around the edges. I glued them together at the sleeve, but nowhere else so you can slide the gift card holder portion in between the two layers. 
I die cut the cap from black and folded the score lines to attach to the gift card holder which was die cut from blue. I forgot to take a picture of the part that slides out, but there is a place for you to attach the cap and then you slide it between the two gown pieces. The main sentiment, which is from the Bright Future Stamp Set, is heat embossed in gold and then die cut using the coordinating Bright Future Die. The scroll is included in the gown die set, but it is stamped using images from the Congratulations Graduate Mini Stamp Set

I had fun making a coordinating card using the same Bright Future stamp/die set. To begin, I used the Delicate Circles Hot Foil Plate and gold foil on a panel of Enchanted Evening cardstock. I heat embossed another sentiment and layered it onto some Pure Poppy cardstock using foam squares, but first, I coiled some metallic gold DMC floss and sandwiched it between the two layers. I wanted to add some additional texture and the foiled pattern gave me the idea to use the thread.

The stamp set comes with the different "class of" sentiments. I also added the cute cap and tassel to the top of the sentiment.

I was having so much fun so I decided to gussy up the inside of the card as well. I will be sharing another graduation post in a bit! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

1 comment:

Becky Green said...

OH MY! I think the Graduate is going to LOOOOVE THIS! ;)
You ALWAYS make Special Moments, MORE special with your cards & goodies, Kelly! A BEAUTIFUL JOB & I look forward to seeing what else you will show us for Graduates! ;) P.S. I SO LIKE the idea of using the School Colors, it makes it more personal!