Sunday, May 26, 2024

Papertrey Ink May Release Countdown Day 3

I can't believe we're halfway through the countdown! My first card for today uses the new Reflections: May stamp/die set and the new Into the Blooms: Violets die. I feared that the design team would all make purple cards because of the violets, so I decided to switch it up with some pink/coral blooms for today's card!

I also decided to switch things up and add the flowers to the corners rather than framing the scripture, but I'm on the fence with how I like it! ha ha! 

I heat embossed the scripture using white detail powder on Ocean Tides cardstock and then cut it out using the Reflections: May die set. I die cut the flowers and leaves from white cardstock and then colored them using distress oxide inks. I cut a panel of Bitty Big: Harvest Gold paper and added the Border Bling: Skinny Diagonals Frame over the top using liquid glue. I placed the scripture in the center using foam squares and then arranged the flowers in each of the four corners keeping each one slightly different for variation. I layered the entire panel onto a top-folding A2 card base using foam squares. A trio of sparkling clear sequins finish off the design!
My second card for today features the new Through the Palms Hot Foil Plate! I love adding hot foiling to my cards because it gives them that little bit of flair that takes them up a notch! 

To begin, I blended a panel using speckled egg, tumbled glass, and uncharted mariner Distress Oxide inks. Once it was blended, I added the foiling; 25 seconds on the highest setting using gold foil. I added shimmer spray over the top of the panel and set it aside.

I created some flipflops using the Go-To Gift Card Holder: Beach Bag die collection and some older Martha Stewart pattern paper that fits the mood and feeling of the card. 

I also used the Into the Blooms: Violet dies (once again, not purple) in each of the bottom corners for a tropical feeling. The sentiment, which is one of my favorites from the Just Sentiments: Days of Summer mini stamp set, is stamped in black over the top of the flipflops in black ink. I mounted it onto a larger card base than usual. The panel is A2, so it is probably more like5 by 7, but probably slightly smaller! Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

Becky Green said...

OH, I DO LOOOVE those Reflections Stamps & Dies! PROBABLY, MY FAVORITE from all of PTI! ;) LOVELY COLORS!!! ;) AND those FLIP-FLOPS are SO CUTE! STUNNING WORK AGAIN, Kelly!!!! ;)