Saturday, May 25, 2024

Papertrey Ink May Release Countdown Day 2

Hello and welcome to day 2 of the Papertrey Ink May release countdown! I think we're all looking forward to summer picnics and barbecues this summer; I know I am! There's something so wonderful about summer cuisine and being together with family and friends! I'm so thrilled with this adorable new Picnic Time die collection and the darling Life's a Picnic sentiment stamp set!

Isn't this patriotic pie just the cutest thing ever? I had so much fun creating this card! I die cut all of the 'food' and flower pieces using white cardstock and then colored them using an assortment of Distress Oxide inks. You could definitely die cut all of the pieces from colored cardstock, but I find that more time consuming in the long-run, but it could be equal! ha ha! I just prefer to do the coloring and some people might prefer to the diecutting!

 For my card, I chose to use the pie, the hotdog and mustard, and the watermelon wedge. There is also a hamburger with ALL the fixings that is SO super adorable! I can't wait to give it a try! 

The background is created by adding the Border Bling: Skinny Embossed Frame cut from Enchanted Evening cardstock over the top of a piece of pattern paper. I added a little bit of Fresh Snow ink around the edges to give it a similar feeling to the pattern paper.

I also added a strip of Bitty Big: Pure Poppy pattern paper to the middle. The focal panel is die cut from the new Reflections: May die set that will be showcased tomorrow. I added it to the middle using foam squares and then layered the picnic pieces and the geraniums

The sentiment is from the new Life's a Picnic stamp set and is heat embossed using detail white embossing powder on Enchanted Evening cardstock and then cut using the coordinating dies. ALL of the sentiments in the set are so super cute; there's even one you can use at thanksgiving time with the pie. I should have mentioned earlier that the patriotic look is just one of the options with the pie so you can use it in a variety of different ways!
My second card for today uses the new Cornered: Summer Sun! I've paired it with the new Frozen Delights stamp/die set that was featured yesterday!

To begin, I used the Pleasing Pineapple Hot Foil Plate on a panel of Orange Zest cardstock using gold foil. I cut a 4 by 5 1/4 inch panel of Aqua Mist cardstock and used the Cornered: Summer Sun die on the top. I added some Summer Sunrise ink to the top portion of an A2 white card base using a blender brush (the area where it will show through at the top). I gave that blended portion a spritz of shimmer spray.

I glued the aqua panel to the card base using liquid glue and then added the foiled panel using foam squares. 

I used the darling Frozen Delights stamp/die set for the focal image. The sentiment is from the Just Sentiments: Summer stamp set and is heat embossed in gold on a strip of Aqua Mist cardstock. I layered it over the top using foam squares. I added sequins and glitter for sparkle and shine! I also decided to give the entire thing another spritz (or two) of shimmer spray! Thanks for fluttering by!



 

2 comments:

Becky Green said...

Oh WOW! I LOVE your first card! I too LOVE that little pie, & the hot dog! What a LOVELY combination of goodies! I too think that the coloring of the die cuts looks nicer! ;) You can get some nice shading in & it gives the pieces some dimension! WHAT A SUPER CARD! I LOVE your second card as well, Kelly! The color combination & the foiling die are the HIGHLIGHT for me! The shimmer spray does a FABULOUS JOB on the FROSTY look! ;) BEAUTIFULLY DONE!!!!

Carmela said...

Love that July 4th picnic card!! Jam packed with delightful images.