Friday, May 24, 2024

Papertrey Ink May Release Countdown Day 1

 Thanks for joining me for day 1 of the Papertrey Ink May release countdown! It's officially summer card making season and I'm SO excited! This month's release is filled with so many fun products to get your creative juices flowing all summer long! My first card for today features the new Elegant Edges: Summer Sun die. I pulled in some older favorites to bring this card to life!
To begin, I die cut the sun and edge portion using the new Elegant Edges: Summer Sun die from Hawaiian Shores cardstock. I also die cut it again from white cardstock and blended some Summer Sunrise ink so it would show through where the sun is. I glued them together using liquid glue and set that piece aside.

I had already mentally put this card together in my mind, so I just had fun creating the rest of the design elements. I die cut the flamingo using the Feathered Friends 12 die and inked it up using an assortment of Distress Oxide inks. I did the same thing with the flowers and leaves from the Into the Blooms II die.

For the background, I cut a panel of Hibiscus Burst cardstock and foiled it using the Pleasing Pineapple Hot Foil Plate and gold foil. I ended up needing to do it twice because the first time I didn't get good coverage. I simply went up to the highest setting on my machine, added time (20 seconds) and it came out beautifully. I did end up with some over-foiling in one spot, but a sand eraser does the trick to easily remove any unwanted foil.

I added the foiled panel to a top-folding white card base using liquid glue. I added the sun portion to the top using foam squares for dimension. I added the flamingo and flowers. The sentiment is from the Just Sentiments: Summer Mini Stamp Set and is stamped in black and then die cut using my new favorite go-to die: Just Tags! All of these fun dies are perfect for most of the sentiments included in the 'Just Sentiments' series! I added sequins and glitter for sparkle and shine!

I'm seriously obsessed with the new Frozen Delights stamp/die set I used on this card! It is seriously THE cutest and is SO easy to use! I know I will be reaching for this one all summer long for all kinds of cards and tags! I think one of the reasons I like it so much is because of the large size of the images and all of the fun accessories to dress up the frozen delights!
There is another style of ice cream to go on the cone; it is a scooped style rather than soft-serve like this one is on my card. That is the only image that I didn't use on this card. As you can see, the die set also includes this cute awning that you can use in a variety of different ways. I chose to use it in a traditional way for my card today! Join me again tomorrow for day 2 of the release! Thanks for fluttering by!







 

1 comment:

Becky Green said...

BEAUTIFUL! I ESPECIALLY LOVE your first card, Kelly! The lay-out is WONDERFUL & INTRIGUING! ;) LOOOVE those flowers! WONDERFULLY DONE! I kept thinking, it was about time for a PTI Release! ;)