Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Pinkfresh Studio {Making Merry}

Hello and welcome! I'm over on the Pinkfresh Studio Blog today sharing this Christmas design using a few of my favorites from the latest release!  I had so much fun coloring this beautiful Winterberry Background stamp for one of my card during the release and I couldn't wait to try it again! 

I chose to heat emboss it in silver and then color it with some icy blues with a pop of red on the berries! I die cut the panel using the Essentials: Diagonal Stitched Rectangles. This is my favorite quick trick to give my panel some added detail easily!  The letters were die cut out of teal cardstock using the fabulous Lea's Ornate Uppercase and lowercase alphabet dies twice fo each letter and glued them together with liquid glue.

I added them to the heat embossedMerry and Bright Frame  using little foam squares for dimension.  The Layered Snowflakes are die cut from silver specialty cardstock to add detail around the Frame. I also heat embossed the "Christmas is here bringing good cheer" sentiment, which is from the To You and Yours stamp set, onto a strip of vellum. I wrapped it around the focal panel and secured it in the back with clear tape.

I added the largest size of the Essentials: Jewels to the center of each snowflake using liquid glue to add sparkle, shine, AND to hide the little foam square! wink wink!
The Jewels come in 12 different colors and each color has an assortment of sizes in each of the colors to give your projects that little something extra!

This design would also work well in traditional colors if that is more your style. I really like creating an assortment of different kind of cards to send to the different people on my list. 

I layered the focal panel onto a top folding A2 cardbase using the same color cardstock for a subdued look. I toyed around with red, teal, and white, but ultimately settled on the grey. 

I love putting on some music and coloring this beautiful background...it is very therapeutic for me! I had a lot of fun creating this card! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

6 comments:

TLady said...

SO PRETTY, Kelly!!! ;)<3

Connie said...

Great card, Kelly! Love your color combo!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Connie!❤

sharon g said...

your background is ESPECIALLY amazing. I never think to use silver embossing....nice

Stephanie Clapper said...

Absolutely stunning! The colors are so unexpected and breathtaking! Kelly, you’re amazing! 💖

Anonymous said...

The information in your article is incredible. Very good article. It is very well written. I am looking forward for your more posts in the future.

flutter entwicklung