Friday, September 25, 2020

Keeping Christmas {It's the MOST wonderful time of the year!}


Hello and welcome! It's the 25th and that means that it's time for the Keeping Christmas Blog Hop! Christmas is exactly 3 months away and the countdown is on! I have two different projects to share with you today. Up first is a set of vintage Santa tags using a new Santa stamp that I got from Amazon this week! Before I dive into the details, here are the links to the other designers' blogs! I can't wait to see what they've been up to!

Kelly Lunceford (Creator)


It is from the Deep Red stamp company and I just love how nicely it fits onto these large tags! You can see it HERE. It is quite a large image, but I chose to just use a portion of it on today's tags. 

I die cut three of the Basic Bookmark 3 die out of white cardstock and then stamped the Santa image in Pure Poppy ink. The bottom portion of the tag is die cut using the same die, but this time out of pattern paper, making sure to line it up with the sentiments I wanted to use.

I added a strip of black cardstock where the image and the pattern paper meet. I rummaged around in my Christmas embellishment collection to unearth these fabulous glittery stars!

I added them to the tags using hot glue as well as the holly sprigs that I use so much! I quickly perused the Christmas section at Hobby Lobby the other day and didn't see that they had these in stock yet! I sure hope they carry them again this year...they are one of my favorite go-to embellishments for Christmas crafting!

My next project uses scraps left over from last month's Keeping Christmas post. I have quite a few left over and I thought I'd put them to good use by making some little favor boxes using the Favor It Box 4 die collection.

I also used the Scalloped Tag Collection for the tags all decked out with trees, candycanes, wreaths, snowflakes and gingerbread boys!

I made 5 of these in total, but really could have kept going with all of the scraps I have! I'm planning on using these to fill with a little lotion, lip balm, and sweet treats....most likely a vintage foil wrapped Santa! I think he would be so cute peeking out of the top!

I tied the tags up with some Pure Poppy Baker's Twine and then added the tags using foam squares. I felt this was much easier than trying to tie the twine around the handle of the bag. This ensures that the tag will lay exactly how I want it! LOL!

The sentiments are heat embossed in white onto the tags using Ranger's White Detail embossing powder. This my favorite white powder!


I'm excited to add these to my stash of Christmas creations! This is the time of year where I take inventory of what all I have. Once that is done, I can see which areas need a little bit more attention! I've been a cardmaking machine these last few months with all of my design team commitments, so I think I'm set on cards! Tags are always my favorite! Thanks for fluttering by!








 

19 comments:

**** April **** said...

Absolutely LOVE these!!!!!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Oh my goodness, I think you could open a “ Tags & More” shop and I’ll be first in line! ! Your tags and favor bags are B-eautiful! Mega thanks for all of the gorgeous inspiration! 😊🎄

Nancy Penir said...

You are the tag queen! How adorable is that Santa image. You decked out those darling tags to the max. And the bags are so bright and festive.Such a treat 'fluttering by'!

Marcia Hill said...

Both the tags and the treat boxes are FABULOUS Kelly!! Love that Santa image you used on the tags...soooo vintage and perfect to match up with your dsp! And your sweet little treat boxes just couldn't be any prettier!! Love the dsp you used on them and the tags and embellies are just the perfect finishing touch!! I just LOVE your Keeping Christmas post each month and all your wonderful ideas!! Thank you, thank you!! :0)

TLady said...

Kelly, each month you bring this segment, I fall in love with what you've done! I am SO ENJOYING this! LOVE EVERYTHING you've done here!!! THANK YOU for letting us know where to get the stamps & dies, so we can make our own! BEAUTIFUL WORK!!! ;)<3

Connie said...

Wonderful tags ideas, Kelly! I so love this your Keeping Christmas Blog! I look forward to it all the time. Thanks

Carol H. said...

Kelly all of your tags are just so festive, fun and beautiful! Love the extra bling of the sparkly stars, holly leaves, gingerbread and other things to make them special!

TeresaC said...

Delightful, Kelly!! I always look forward to seeing your projects!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! Tags are always so fun!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww...thank you so much, Nancy!

Kelly Lunceford said...

You're so sweet, Marcia! Thank you so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Connie!

Jan said...

These really are great fun and what a delight it would be to receive one! I'm not sure I'd even care what was inside the package. I look forward to seeing your new Christmas ideas every month and am never disappointed.

Marybeth said...

Wow , Kelly! I almost didn't recognize the first tag die .... you have decorated it so beautifully! Love the other gift tags too! So many beautiful Christmas ideas. Sorry I'm so late.

buzzn2scrap said...

Delightful ideas for Christmas gifts ! Love the paper too !

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww...thanks so much, Jan! You're so sweet!❤

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!❤

Notes by Nina said...

So many wonderful projects, I love them all.