Monday, September 21, 2020

Flash Sale {Tidings of Joy}



It's Monday which means there is a brand-new Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper Flash Sale! I know many of you are working hard at getting a head start on your holiday cards and projects so I chose one of my favorite stamp sets for this week's sale! I've also chosen some unexpected holiday colors to create two projects using the Season of Joy stamp set! This week's sale will run from today, September 21st at noon until Wednesday, September 23rd at noon. The sale will include:
STAMPS: Season of Joy

INK: Autumn Rose, Weathervane, Spring Rain, Scarlet Jewel

CARDSTOCK: Autumn Rose, Weathervane, Spring Rain Scarlet Jewel



I created two projects for you today using the cardstock and ink that is on sale this week. The first card {on the left} uses letters stamped in Scarlet Jewel and the wreath is stamped using the multi-step option. The second card has letters stamped in Autumn Rose and the wreath is stamped using the one-step stamp, but with two different inks: Spring Rain and Weathervane on the edges.

I heat embossed the "this holiday season" portion of the sentiment onto Scarlet Jewel cardstock to help balance the letters. I stamped "Tidings of" using Weathervane ink onto a panel of Spring Rain cardstock. I also added some Weathervane ink around the edges of the panel to give it a smokey look.

I heat embossed the "this blessed Christmas season" sentiment onto a strip of vellum and wrapped it around the Scarlet Jewel cardstock. It really made this section look so soft and pretty against the Autumn Rose letters.

Each card got a generous amount of white paint splatter to really make it look like snow. I use post-it notes to cover up certain areas that I don't want to get ink on them. In this case, the heat embossed portion on both cards.

I added some Ruby Slippers and White Nuvo drops here and there for some added pops of color. A few sparkling clear sequins here and there finish of these two designs! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

Your cards are gorgeous. I love the colors and design. You have inspired me to get this set. Can't wait until it arrives. Thanks for sharing.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much! It's such a fun one!❤

Stephanie Clapper said...

This set is beautiful in any color but I love how you mix up the designs! Hope all is well & safe with you and your family, it was crazy this past week around here. Thank you for the flash sales & gorgeous cards to inspire us! 😊💖