Friday, September 11, 2020

Ink to Paper September Release Countdown Day 1



Hello and welcome to day 1 of the Ink to Paper September release countdown! Things are getting downright jolly as we kick off this month's countdown! There's so much to love with this month's release...I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! I have 4 projects to share with you today and first up is this Christmas card using the new Snowflakes dies paired with the latest Feathered Friends die. Everything will be available for purchase beginning at 10 PM EDT on September 15th!

I die cut all of the pieces for the bird and then colored them using some cool blue Distress Oxide ink colors. I followed the suggested guide that is provided to us, which actually decided the entire look and feel of my card!

Once I had the bird all colored and assembled, I decided to make a blended background using the same inks and then die cut the snowflakes for an ombre look. Once the panel was complete, I die cut the snowflakes.

I cut a panel of white cardstock and arranged the snowflakes until I was happy with the  placement. I also chose to use this beautiful new sentiment from the Just Sentiments: Warmth stamp set. I took a picture of the arrangement with my phone and then lifted the snowflakes up using the Press N' Seal technique. I took the picture so that I could place the sentiment stamp back down where it needed to go after I picked the snowflakes up with the Press N' Seal. Hopefully that makes sense. I guess I could have put it into my MISTI, picked up the stamp and then lifted the snowflakes. Ha ha! Oh well...it all worked out very easily anyway!

The sentiment is stamped in black for a nice bit of contrast. The snowflakes either got a dab of liquid glue or a foam square, depending on the surface area that each one had. I added some sparkling clear sequins in the center of each of the snowflakes as well as a few here and there. The bird is placed above the sentiment using additional foam squares for dimension. The entire white panel is adhered to a top folding Soft Stone card base using foam squares.

Next up are three cards using the fabulous new Joy of Noel stamp set! This is such a fun set to use and I tried to create three different looking designs so you can see how versatile this set can be!

For my first card, I used the JOY letters using all woodgrain letters. The stamp set comes with an optional twig wreath that can be swapped for the O in both NOEL and JOY. I use it on my next two projects so you can see how it looks.

I love the scripted "Jesus is Born" sentiment and I used it on two of the three designs. I know I talk about my heartfelt love for Santa a lot, but Jesus is the REAL reason for the season, so I try and use sentiments like this as much as possible!

I adorned the card using lots of foliage from the fabulous Floral Christmas that was released last year. I'm just warning you now that I have used these on A LOT of projects over the next few days! ha ha! But, in all seriousness, they are just the perfect addition to so many projects! I stamped and die cut a BUNCH before I even started on my projects and had so much fun grabbing little pieces here and there!

It is hard to see on this particular card, but I have stamped the fabulous new Painted Stripes Background image using Pure Poppy ink. I have used it on other projects, so you can see it better later!

The Border Bling: Skinny Stitched Frames are the perfect addition to frame these fun layers. I love the extra detail that it adds to the design.


A bit of white paint splatter, glitter and sequins finish off this JOY-ful design!

This is a clean and simple card using the NOEL letters and the twig wreath that I mentioned earlier. You can see the Painted Stripes Background much better on this card; I heat embossed it in white onto a panel of Soft Stone cardstock.

I chose to use two different colors of letters to give this card a fun look. I stamped the E in Soft Stone and Weathervane ink and then the N and L in Pure Poppy and Scarlet Jewel ink.

I heat embossed the "Jesus is Born" sentiment in silver onto a strip of vellum and wrapped it around the card and secured it with Tombow adhesive. I just love how the vellum allows you to see through to the background so no detail is lost!

I added a red frame to this card as well to really frame the fun letters and bring continuity to the design. Of course, a few sequins here and there add just the right amount of holiday sparkle!
There's even a little woodgrain star to tuck here or there for added detail!

My final card for today, and using the JOY OF NOEL stamp set, uses the letters to create a mantle/shelf scene. I pinned a mantle idea last year using real letters and a wreath spelled out just like this and couldn't wait to translate it onto my card!

I used the popular Growth Stamp Set for the shelf and the Rustic Brick Background to help set the stage for the NOEL letters and added foliage. I told you you'd be seeing a lot more of it! LOL! I chose both a natural wood look as well as some white washed letters for added detail.

I chose to accent the card with another one of the charming sentiments from the Just Sentiments: Warmth stamp set. I can tell I will be reaching for these all winter long! I added some white paint splatter and sequins to this design as well to finish it off! This concludes day 1 and join me again tomorrow for day 2! I'm excited to share with you what I've been working on! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

6 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Your cards are all so amazing, Kelly! Especially love the mantle shelf idea on the last sample!

Conniecrafter said...

These are all just fabulous, love how some of them have a rustic feel to them!

Connie said...

Wow! Amazing cards, Kelly! The snowflakes and bird one is adorable and loving the rustic elements. Great products and inspiration! Thanks for sharing your talent.

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous cards, Kelly! Love those woodgrain letters and also the sweet bird!

Andre M. said...

Fantastic cards, those birds are always my fave. Your third card is one of my faves of those shared today.

sahilkhan said...

I simply needed to state that I love each time visiting your superb post! Exceptionally amazing and have valid and new data. Much obliged for the post and exertion! If you don't mind continue sharing all the more such a blog.

braided jute rugs
cotton carpet
round jute rugs
8x12 jute rug
Custom Size Rugs
indian rugs