Saturday, May 2, 2020

Spring is in the Air

I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend and maybe even getting some creative time! I'm popping in really quickly today to share a fun and easy project that I've been working on! In addition to planning for May Day, which I will talk about at the bottom of today's post, I wanted to use up the rest of the egg containers that I used for THIS project. I bought an assortment of Springtime gifts that would fit nicely into the egg cups that would hopefully bring a smile to the recipient's face! I made 6 gifts in total; two of each pattern shown.
The tags are VERY simple, but the tulips images are so pretty, they make up the difference! LOL! To begin the tags, I die cut them using the Basic Bookmark 3 die out of White cardstock and set those aside. After that, I got to work on the stamped images. I die cut the tulips and butterflies using the Tulip Time Die Collection. Once that was done, I used my mini MISTI to do all of the stamping using the Tulip Time stamp set

I stamped the "Spring is in the Air" sentiment in black using the mini MISTI as well. I love how big this particular sentiment is, which is why I kept the design so simple as well. Between the stylized font and the beautiful stamped images, I think they are just right!

Each egg container has a strip of pattern paper wrapped around it and then I tied a bow with the tag attached.

I snapped a quick picture of the contents before I wrapped them up. Each gift contains a roller perfume, a hand sanitizer, a succulent tea light candle, a tube of hand cream and an eos lip balm.  These will be a fun little doorstep gift to leave for friends!

Let me do a little May Day recap for you, if you are interested! My baskets FINALLY arrived at around 5:00 on May 1st! I was getting fretful they wouldn't arrive in time! When they did come, they were MUCH smaller than I anticipated and that was already my second try! I was feeling frantic as I assembled each of the 6 baskets I planned. 

This is a little bird's eye view of some of the May Day goodies! When it was all said and done, I didn't include a SINGLE hand stamped or paper crafted item! Can you even believe that? I realized that my May Day shenanigans could hardly be kept a secret if they had anything remotely crafty included! LOL! Silly me! That didn't even work anyway, because one of the recipients called me this morning asking if it was me that dropped it off! LOL! I told her it was supposed to be a surprise, but she guessed it anyway! Oh well! It was nerve wracking up until the baskets came, and then my daughter and I had fun delivering them! Note to self: make sure the baskets are the FIRST thing to buy so you can plan accordingly! Quarantine May Day was one for the books! Thanks for fluttering by!

5 comments:

TLady said...

BEAUTIFULLY, & SO SWEETLY DONE!!! WISH I were one of your neighbors! LOL ;)<3

Marcia Hill said...

Your egg cartons and tags and May Day baskets are AWESOME Kelly...what a sweet and thoughtful friend you are! I'm sure everyone LOVED them and I wish I was a neighbor too! Hugs. :0)

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Marcia! You're so sweet!💓

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, my dear!💓

Stephanie Clapper said...

You’re so funny! I so enjoyed your beautiful tags & baskets along w/ your May Day stories! Oh the cartons- I’ve learned the hard way about ordering some things online. I double check the dimensions and read reviews of products so I can hopefully get a realistic idea. Even still, I’ve gotten items smaller than I thought. What’s the old adage “It’s the thought that counts” and you are a shining example of compassion and generosity. Happy May Day to you Kelly! 💐😊