Saturday, May 16, 2020

Home is where the heart is!

Happy Saturday, friends! I'm just popping in with a fun little "welcome to the neighborhood" ensemble I've been working on this week!  A new family moved in a few weeks ago and I have been meaning to put something "COVID-19" appropriate together to drop off at their house! As much as I wanted to do some baking, I opted for a handmade card, a little house filled with Werther's soft caramels, two packages of microwaveable popcorn, and 5 Redbox codes, and a hand sewn key wristlet for their new house key!

I pulled out all of the "old school" stops for this ensemble; felt, ribbon, buttons, dies, stamp set, etc. LOL! It really feels like a blast from the past, but there are some stamps and supplies that I will never part with, because I need them for times like this! How about you? Do you keep old stamp sets, and older supplies? You all know I'm a crafty hoarder so the answer is yes for me! I have gotten rid of a lot of older SU! sets, but don't ask me how many I STILL have! LOL! 

Of course I had to make a little house to include in the welcome basket! These houses are so cute and are always well received! To begin, I die cut the Tiny Town Basic Die out of Happy Spots pattern paper and all of the shutters and window frames from white cardstock. I also die cut the Tiny Town: Scallop Shingles and little handle for the top out of white as well. Once that was done, I got to work assembling the house. 

The finishing touch is a tag tied up with ribbon and twine. I even went super old school with an eyelet! ha ha! The tag is die cut using the Charming Tags 1 die, which is back in stock, out of white cardstock and then I stamped the stems and flowers from the Love Lives Here stamp set, which has been retired. The house is die cut and then stamped using my mini MISTI and popped up with foam squares. I'm loving the Banner Builder Basics die lately and use it ALL the time! They are the perfect addition to each of today's projects!

The banner is die cut from Sweet Blush cardstock and then I bent the sentiment to fit the arc of the banner! One of my favorite things to do with these houses is to add a small battery operated tea light, but I decided since it was going to an entire family, they'd probably rather have it full of caramels! ha ha!

The card uses the same tag as the house, but with a few additions, including the new Nifty Plaid background stamp. I love it so much and have used it quite bit during the release! 

The tag with the house and flowers is the medium size tag, so I die cut the largest one out of the same Happy Spots paper as the house. I layered them together using foam squares for dimension. I also included a larger banner with a different sentiment. The Nifty Plaid background is stamped onto a panel of white cardstock that has been die cut using the Love to Layer Notched die. I added the entire panel to a top folding Berry Sorbet card base.

I wasn't planning on putting this card in an envelope so I didn't worry too much about how long the tails were on the banner. If you are mailing your card, you might want to keep the banner a little bit smaller so that it can fit in an envelope better.

I bought 5 Redbox codes for BluRays and printed them out onto cardstock and then die cut it using the smallest of the notched die and tucked it inside of this custom made Essential Pillow Box Die. It is die cut from the Happy Spots pattern paper and then tied up with ribbon.

 I added a banner as you can see, to keep the entire project cohesive. I die cut some felt flowers and glued them together using Tombow Mono Multi glue. The oval is die cut using the Limitless Layers: 2 1/4 inch oval die and then stamped with the Nifty Plaid background stamp. I gussied it up with the butterfly, banner, and felt flower.

You can see everything in the basket ready to go! I wrapped up the popcorn in the same pattern paper for aesthetics and presentation. This will be easy to just pop on the porch. I wrote a nice greeting inside the card and we can't wait to actually meet them properly! Thanks for fluttering by!


13 comments:

Luanne said...

This is absolutely adorable. I am sure your new neighbors loved it! And you used an old, well-loved stamp set - perfect!

TLady said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL WELCOMING BASKET!! I'm SURE your new neighbors will want to meet you too! A BEAUTIFUL JOB on EVERYTHING you've created for them!!! (I don't get rid of ANYTHING where stamps are concerned. I figure it's like fashion, it all comes back around! LOL ;)<3

Cindy Otto said...

What a sweet “welcome to the neighborhood” gift! I love the “Love Lives Here” stamp set and the house die. I’ll never part with any of my old PTI sets. You are so great with coordinating little gifts. Thank you for sharing!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...your new neighbors are going to LOVE this sweet, sweet little gift ensemble Kelly! You always put such heart into all your creations and it totally shows in this whole presentation! And so glad to hear I'm not the only one who keeps lots and LOTS of old stamp sets...there are some SU! and PTI sets that I will NEVER be able to part with!! Hugs. :0)

blaze said...

This new neighbor welcome gift is just SO thoughtful and charming! You should win the "Good Neighbor" award for a lifetime! Every little nuance of this collection is so sweet. What a lovely gift!

Conniecrafter said...

You are so thoughtful, they will surely feel welcome to the neighborhood after receiving this special gift, so sweet of you!
Terrific ideas and great presentation!

Ysabel Rojas said...

Que impecable trabajo el que haces!
Me encanta, te felicito mucho!

Cindy H. said...

What a lovely and thoughtful gift! I love when you share your coordinated gifts, they are always so creative and beautiful!

Nicole Parmentier said...

This is such a warm welcome. Just beautiful and sweet!!

Birgit said...

This is such a sweet way to welcome new neighbors. Everything is so darling in pink!!

Jan Elmore said...

Oh my...what a stunning gift! Over the top awesome and so stinkin' pretty!
Thank you for sharing your talent; you are inspirational!

Holly said...

LOVE IT ALL!!
So sweet and what a gorgeous handmade gift!!
always loved this set ..so good to see you use those gorgeous older sets.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Your neighbors are going to be over the moon when they see your gorgeous & generous basket, I know I was when I saw all of your lovely wrapped gifts. You’re a beautiful soul Kelly! ( and a fantastic neighbor!) 😊❤️