Thursday, May 14, 2020

Ink to Paper May Release Countdown Day 4 {To an Amazing Dad}

Welcome to the 4th and final day of the Ink to Paper May release countdown! Everything will be available for purchase at 10 pm EST on May 15th! We're continuing the Father's Day festivities with a bunch of fun new stamps and dies!

I've been sharing peeks of the new Nifty Plaid all week, but it is officially being showcased today! I had so much fun using the new In Stitches: Back Pocket die the other day, I decided to use it again to create a fun gift card holder for Father's Day. I actually made two, but didn't like the second one as well, but I did include a photo of both of them together at the bottom of the post!

This project consists of the pocket and then a small "card" of sorts to slip the gift card into. I like having things like this really secure, but it also adds some extra detailing and a way to use even more of the fabulous sentiments!

I die cut the two different sizes of pockets, stamped the Nifty Plaid background on the smaller pocket and then added the silver rivets using foam squares. The two pockets are secured together using a double thickness of foam squares to allow the gift card folder to slide easily inside. Make sure you move the foam squares as far as you can to the edge to ensure that the gift card will actually fit! Ask me how I know! LOL! I realized that I wanted to add a tag like the "hero" one here on my pocket card the other day, so I made sure to remedy that on this gift card! The Dad sentiment and this Hero sentiment are both from the new Just Sentiments: Father's Day.

Once the pocket was all put together, I die cut the new To Die For Sentiments: Father's Day twice out of Kraft cardstock and glued them together with liquid glue. I added some Cocoa Bean ink around the edges of the die cut sentiment to add some definition. Once that was done, I used small portion of foam squares to add it to the pocket. 

You can see the second pocket here. It is just too busy looking for me, which goes to show how important our color choices are. LOL! It's just not balanced right, but I do plan on gifting it this year because most of the time, dads just don't care! ha ha!

Next up is a CAS card and gift bag ensemble using the new Border Bling: Diamonds paired with the Just Sentiments: Father's Day. One thing that I do like about store bought Father's Day cards is the simple designs that you can find. That was the direction I was headed in with this duo!

It's so easy to gussy up one of the fabulous Kraft Coffee Bags with a tag like I did here! These bags have a wax coating on the inside which is perfect for handmade treats so they don't soil the bag. There's nothing worse than unsightly grease marks seeping through handmade packaging! LOL!

I die cut two of everything; one for the card, one for the bag. I used the largest tag from the Charming Tags 1 die and die cut it out of Ocean Tides cardstock. I stamped it with the Nifty Plaid background {surprise, surprise} and then added the silver gromet from the In Stitches: Back Pocket Die to the top using foam squares.

The diamond portion is from the Border Bling: Diamonds and is die cut using Ripe Avocado cardstock. I used the Just Sentiments: Father's Day to add the "For my amazing Dad". I used my mini MISTI for the placement.

As I mentioned earlier, I made two tags, so it was a breeze just to add it to the dry embossed panel. My brain kept wanting to add "just a little something" but I resisted to keep it CAS, like I was aiming for! LOL!

This will be perfect for Father's Day gift giving! Treats are always involved, so this bag will be the perfect thing! My FIL is in a care facility so we haven't been able to see him since all of the craziness began! Who knows what Father's Day will bring, but we will remain hopeful! Thanks for fluttering by!

3 comments:

Ann Merry said...

The bag, tag, and card are my favorites. I love the clean and simple look of it.

blaze said...

The bag and tag combo is PERFECT for Father's Day. I recognize that desire to just keep adding little embellishments -- kudos to you for being able to resist and maintain that CAS design. Just right!!! (I didn't know about these bags???!!! I NEED them...)

jan metcalf said...

My fave is the pocket, so cute!