Friday, May 29, 2020

Ink to Paper Project: Reach Out {Belated Birthday Wishes}

I'm back today sharing a couple of belated birthday cards for the Ink to Paper Project: Reach Out! When the Stay-at-Home orders were put in place, my cardmaking focus turned to bright and cheery cards to send to family and friends! My heart SANK when I realized that during that time there were birthdays that I'd forgotten! I can only imagine how hard many of these quarantine birthdays have been! I've made a much better effort to make sure I'm getting those birthday cards sent, but for those that I've forgotten, I decided to put together these floral designs to let them know I care! How about you? Have you forgotten any birthdays? Let's remedy that and pop some handmade birthday wishes in the mail!

The layout of both cards is the same with the Birthday Bouquet stamp set taking center stage! I stamped the foliage and flowers and then used the Birthday Bouquet Die to cut everything out.
Each of the cards has a different arrangement of flowers. I just kind of stuck them here and there until I was happy with the bouquet.

I die cut the pocket out of Bitty Big: Lilac Grace pattern paper using the new In Stitches: Back Pocket Die. This has been such a fun die to use for cards and gift giving! I used foam squares to attach the different layers of the pocket adding the silver grommets to the upper corners.

The entire pocket portion is attached to a 4 by 5 1/4 inch piece of Harvest Gold cardstock that has been die cut using the Border Bling: Tin Stitched die. I added some Bright Buttercup ink around the corners for some added dimension.
I heat embossed this fabulous sentiment from the Just Sentiments: Belated Birthday Mini Stamp Set onto a strip of vellum using silver embossing powder. I wrapped it around the yellow panel and secured it to the back using scotch tape! I added a few sparkling clear sequins to the centers of the dark purple flowers and to one of the leaves. I added the entire yellow panel to a top folding A2 cardbase.
I stamped the "belated birthday wishes" on the inside of each of the cards and added an extra flower! 

This second design is similar in most ways with a few variations! The background for this one is die cut using Lilac Grace cardstock with Winter Wisteria ink around the corners. The pocket is die cut out of Bitty Big: Harvest Gold pattern paper and assembled the same way as on the previous card.
I die cut the word "celebrate" out of Plum Pudding cardstock using the To Die For Sentiments: Birthday Die.  I layered two of them together securing them with liquid glue and then added them over the top of the pocket using additional liquid glue.

I heat embossed another one of the fun "belated" sentiments from the mini stamp set. I picked one that was quite thin so that it would accent the die cut word nicely without overpowering the design. As I mentioned earlier, I have felt bad for those who have had to celebrate in quarantine, but more importantly, those who I FORGOT! (heads head in shame) I hope you'll join me this week for Project: Reach Out on the Ink to Paper Blog and get some birthday cards sent out! Thanks for fluttering by!



14 comments:

blaze said...

Everything you create is just sublime!

Stephanie Clapper said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!! Wouldn’t it be a grand idea to actually have a bundle of flowers in our pockets. You have a great imagination that actually comes to life! And don’t feel badly about belated wishes, I think when times seem normal again, our focus will return. I sure hope mine does! 😊💐

TeresaC said...

Beautiful cards, Kelly!!

Rose said...

Your projects are just fantastic! The composition, colors and amazing details make the cards little pieces of art that would be framed and on display in my house. Love your work.

Connie said...

Wonderful cards, Kelly!
Love your color choices, and this is a great floral set!

jan metcalf said...

The inside flower is a perfect addition for the forgotten birthday!! Lovely cards Kelly!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow these are just gorgeous, love the colors, such pretty arrangement of the flowers!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Connie! They were a lot of fun to make!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much, Jan! You're a dear!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Connie! It really is such a fun and versatile set!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww...thanks so much, Rose! You're so sweet!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you very much, Teresa!

Kelly Lunceford said...

That WOULD be wonderful, Stephanie! Makes me smile just to think about! Thanks so much!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Awww...what a sweet thing to say! Thank you!