Monday, November 20, 2017

Merry Monday #266 {Ho Ho Ho}

Welcome to this week's Merry Monday Challenge! Sue is challenging us to create a card with a Santa image! Confession: I kinda have a little thing for Santa! LOL! It's true, though! Definitely not in a creepy way, but in a way that I loved him as a child. If there was wrapping paper with Santa images on it, I WANTED THAT present, because obviously the BEST presents would be wrapped in Santa paper! Ha Ha! I especially love the vintage variety like the inspiration photo shows. If I have time this week, I'll try and share another card for the challenge, with a vintage Santa! I picked him up at Hobby Lobby last weekend and he's just too cute! Make sure to head over to the Merry Monday Blog to read all about the challenge and to see what everyone else has come up with!
For my card, I decided to use an alphabet that I got for my birthday back in August and haven't used yet. You know, I just HAD to have it and look at me, just barely getting around to it! (Hangs head in shame) It did work out nicely for the image I had in my head for the card I wanted to make, so I was glad I had it. It is the Simon Says Stitched Alphabet and I can't wait to use it again soon!


To begin, I sponged a 4 1/8 inch by 5 3/8 inch Bristol paper with Peacock Feathers Distress ink starting at the edges and working my way lightly to the center. After that was done, I mixed a little bit of the same ink with water and flecked it over the top for some added detail and interest. I spritzed it with Shimmer Spray and set it aside to dry. 
I die cut all of the Tremendous Treats: Christmas Santa shapes, stamped them in Palette Noir ink with the Coordinating Images. I colored them with Copic and Prismacolor markers. After they were done, I came back to the base panel and got to work stamping the "H" and "O" letters in Black ink. I think I stamped them to soon because one of them smeared (boo hoo), but I wasn't going to start over because I was loving the background. So...word of advice, make sure your ink and shimmer spray is properly dry!

I added the Santa images in the spaces left by each word using foam squares. I also felt like the background needed a little bit more attention, so I used a tiny little snowflake image from Eskimo Kisses here and there with Peacock Feathers distress ink stamped off once. I really like the extra detail it gave the card.

The letters are colored using Copic and Prismacolor markers. I was worried that they might turn purple with the red mixed with blue, but Copic Markers are Rockstars and proved it on this card! After they were colored, I added some Nuvo Glaze over the top as well as a sprinkling of gradiated chunky red glitter over the top. I have used the same technique HEREHERE and HERE. I just love how it looks with the red on red! It will definitely be used again this Holiday Season! I also stamped a sentiment from Christmas Critter Sentiments onto a strip of Pure Poppy cardstock and then embossed it in white. I really like how it added just a little something extra! I had so much fun on this card! I hope you all get a chance to play along! Thanks for fluttering by!

17 comments:

Susan Joyce said...

Your card is adorable Kelly I love every element, especially the glaze and sprinkling of glitter on your letters.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling trio of Santas with the Ho-Ho-Ho, Kelly! Gorgeous coloring and all the extra details on the letters!!

Amy Rohl said...

Oh my word, Kelly! This is so adorable, and I would have sworn the stamped letters were actually die cut and made into mini shakers - the glaze and glitter totally gives them that look!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Just adorable!That Santa is so much fun!

Linda said...

What a fabulous card, Kelly. Love the Santas and the Ho-Ho-Ho's. The alphabet stamp was well worth waiting for. Lol. Have a great week.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Susan! The letters were so fun to create!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Linda!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Amy! I didn't even look at them that way until you mentioned it!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Cornelia!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Linda! You too and have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

Karen L K said...

Very nice! I like your layout of the Santa's and the Ho Ho Ho's. Nice colors also.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Oh my goodness !! Your card is so cheerful and yummy !!

JoAnn said...

Lovely card. I like how you did the Ho Ho Ho, and your coloring of the Santas looks great.

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE this card Kelly! Your Ho Ho Ho's look fabulous and I didn't notice any smearing! And of course your Santa's look great too!! Hope you've been having a wonderful week! :0)

Nancy said...

Sensational Christmas card!!! I am in love with this card!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Another stunning creation. Wow! I am the opposite with Santa, he has never been my favourite Christmas "character" although when I see him in the malls I get giddy haha.

Notes by Nina said...

Stunning card, I love all the wonderful details.