Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving Treats

Happy Thanksgiving, my friends! I wish you all a blessed day filled with love, laughter, family and warmth! I'm sure thankful for all of you and I appreciate you stopping by! I had so much fun working on these little treats to pass out at my sons' school to the teachers, librarian, etc. I made THESE last year and I had such a positive response to them, I decided to make them again. When I made THIS card, I mentioned that I wasn't done with the Indian Summer because I knew that I would be using it for this project! I'm using this week's Color Throwdown Colors again because they are just too perfect for this project!

To begin, I got to work wrapping the Hershey's Toffee and Almond nuggets with pattern paper. They are packaged in a pretzel bag with a cardstock backer. These are one of my go-to gifts and you can see another example HERE. They are an inexpensive, festive way to celebrate any holiday! The top portion is a piece of cardstock folded in half with the sentiment embossed in copper powder! I just love the warmth it gives! I also stamped and Die Cut the little turkey image and colored him using Copic Markers. He is popped up on the pretzel bag using a foam square.


The tags for the apples and caramel dip bags use another one of the cute images included in the set. I did very simple coloring on these since I had so many to make and they will most likely be thrown away. The sentiment is also embossed in copper powder.

Here is a picture of the little 3 by 3 card I made to go with the gifts using yet another image. I liked that he is holding an arrow and the sentiment has an arrow through it! So cute! I like to have a place to write a little note to the recipient. Oftentimes I deliver all of my little treats and the recipient isn't there so I have to leave it. While, I don't need any credit, I think the person who gets it would like to know who it's from...especially if it's food and you're wary of such things! LOL! In this case, it was mostly because I wanted to leave a Happy Thanksgiving greeting and to say thank you as well.

Like I mentioned before, I had a lot of fun putting these together and it is always fun on delivery day to see the smiles when people receive their gifts. I am truly grateful for all of the people who work with my children at school. They truly are gifted and special people and I am so grateful!!!!! Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: