Sunday, September 10, 2017

{Celebrate} your big day!

 I thought I'd better post something besides a Christmas project before tomorrow so I don't have three Holiday posts in a row! LOL! My daughter was invited to a surprise sweet 16 party for one of her friends so of course I needed to make a card! I wanted something fun, bright and sparkly! I was in such a rush to make the card because I had to get to my son's football game which meant I didn't get a chance to photograph the card before my daughter left. So...what's a girl to do? Well, make a whole new identical card, of course! LOL!

 I just worked in reverse and put everything away as I was done so I was cleaning and creating at the same time! It worked out fabulously! To begin, I blended some Picked Raspberry Distress ink onto a 4 by 5 1/4 inch piece of Bristol paper for a smooth blend. After that was done, I sprinkled some chunky iridescent glitter onto the panel and then spritzed it with some hairspray and Shimmer Spray for optimum sparkle. I had spritzed water onto my original card as well, but I didn't feel it added anything extra so I didn't add it to this card.  After that was done, I set it aside to dry.
 I die cut the word "Celebrate" out of some "Gilver" glitter cardstock using the Birthday Cheer die set. On the original card, I layered it three times but I just couldn't bring myself to do it again on this card! lol! I actually think it looks just fine like this anyway. You can see how it would look stacked on THESE cards using the same paper and similar die cuts. The "Your big day" sentiment is heat embossed in gold onto purple cardstock using the Birthday Cheer stamp set.
 I'm just slightly obsessed with balloons lately so I was super excited to get to work creating the balloon details. To begin, I gold embossed the "strings" using the Birthday Style stamp set. I also embossed the cute little bow that's hanging at the bottom. A few iridescent sequins add a little bit more sparkle as well as frame the two sentiments. 
 The balloons are die cut using the Birthday Style die cuts and then stamped in bright colors. I actually used the gift sack that the gift went in as the inspiration for the order of the balloons on the card as well as the colors. The balloons all got a nice coating of Nuvo Crystal Glaze over the top. On my original card, I decided to add the chunky glitter over the top of the wet glaze and of course, a little bit sprinkled onto the card front. I liked the effect so well, that I decided to just sprinkle it on in the beginning as I mentioned earlier in my post. I added the purple sentiment strip to the bottom of the card and then layered the "Celebrate" diecut over the top. 
You can see how fun the glitter looks on the glossy balloons. I wanted to recreate the look of the balloons that are filled with confetti or glitter. I think they turned out great! I sprinkled more at the bottom and then gradually worked my way up using less and less. Such a fun and festive card!! Thanks for fluttering by! Join me tomorrow for a new Merry Monday Challenge!

2 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

So fun and very festive! Love all those sweet balloons and that sparkle is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Love the color POP on this card.