Thursday, October 19, 2017

SugarPea Designs Holiday Release: Mugs and Kisses

Welcome to day 4 of the SugarPea Designs Holiday release! I was going to start by saying that this is one of my favorite sets of the entire release, but I think I have said that EVERYDAY this week! Ha Ha! I'm probably starting to lose my credibility! But, in all seriousness, this is definitely at the top of my list. I have so many projects lined up in my mind to make! 
No automatic alt text available.
How adorable are ALL of the images included in Mugs and Kisses? I just love all of the possibilities with this set!


I used the coordinating Mugs and Kisses Sugar Cuts on both of my cards today! They make creating darling little scenes so much easier!


To begin, I started with a 4 by 5 1/4 inch piece of pink paper that I ran through my paper crimper. I had used it on the first card I shared at the top, and I wanted to try an entire background using it on this design. I spritzed it with Shimmer Spray and set it aside to dry. In the meantime, I got to work coloring all of the cute little images that I have used on this card. I used an assortment of Prismacolor and Copic markers. One of the funnest details on these two cards, is the whipped cream detail I added to the top of the cups. I used white liquid applique that I have had for YEARS and I was so happy it still worked! All you do is add it to your design (it's like a glue pen) and then heat it up with an embossing gun and watch it puff! It is so fun! I generally have used it for snowy details, but it was PERFECT for the whipped cream!


The "hot cocoa" sentiment is heat embossed using silver detail powder onto a strip of white card stock. I then stitched it down to the side of the card front using my sewing machine and white thread. I just love little details like that.

 I thought it would be fun to include the previously released YOU Sugar Cut. I chose to stack it four times using gray paper and then adding some Nuvo Crystal Glaze over the top as well as some chunky glitter. It is an effect I have been using lately that I just love. You can see it HERE and HERE. I used it on balloons and letters on those two projects, but since I was using the donut image, I thought it would be fun to sprinkle it from the top rather than the bottom like I did on the other projects. I just love the sugary sweetness it adds to the letters as well as the cute little donut.


This is the first card that I made with this new set and I chose to use a layout that I have used before that you can see HERE. I'm also giving you a super early sneak peek of a new edger Sugar Cut that will be released in the months to come.  Whenever I think of hot cocoa/coffee cups like this sweet image, I think of the corrugated wrapper that goes around them so you don't burn your hands. I thought it would be fun to use my paper crimper to try and achieve the same effect for a detail on my card. 

I kept my color palette bright and cheery and cohesive with many of the other designs I have created for this week's release.  
I heat embossed this sentiment as well and added in some snowflakes that you will see in tomorrow's post! I have some super fun projects using those as well! I used the same liquid applique technique here as well. Thanks for fluttering by!

You can stop by the rest of the team's blogs for more amazing projects that highlight these fabulous new sets!

31 comments:

~amy~ said...

Absolutely SWEET

bev p said...

Thanks for the detail about the liquid applique. It's the first detail I noticed, and wondered "how did she do that?". Is it still available? I have some puffy embossing powder that might give the same effect...I will have to pull it out and play later! Thanks so much.

Martina said...

Love the color combination!

Jenny said...

Love all the details on your card, so great!

Robin P said...

Love your cards. Thanks for sharing details about how you created them.

Migdalia said...

Absolutely adorable!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M


Unknown said...

Love your cards. This set is gorgeous.

Christinandjays said...

Love the non-traditional xmas colors. I love colors that pop and these WOW!

Vonmariedesign said...

Beautiful cards!! I love the whip cream and colors!! I just love everything about them!!!

Sue D said...

Love these pretty colors and the card designs.

Dee Earnshaw said...

Super sweet cards - love the yummy colors:)

Viki Banaszak said...

I love the liquid apliquet you used. Your cards are adorable and such happy colors.

JoAnn said...

Oh Kelly these are adorable cards. Love the sweet images and the pretty colors.

Chark said...

love all your texture and layers!

Amy M. said...

Love your colors!

Stacey Kowbel said...

Fantastic cards! I love the snowflakes!

Unknown said...

You got me with the colors. Love the card!

Izzy Scrap said...

So, so cute ! And I love your combo of colours ! Your showcase of this stamp set is amazing ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring !

Becca Yahrling said...

Love the corrugated paper, perfection with these cards. They
are all so adorable. Cute designs. And love the yummy dimension
you created as well.

Unknown said...

Wonderful cards. The designs are great. I love the colors and texture.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

These cards are just so lovely !

Mary-Anne V said...

Very sweet cards. love the images and the colour combination.

Iris said...

Super cute cards.

Kim said...

Finally a hot chocolate and not coffee or tea stamp.

D.Ann C said...

I love those adorable marshmallows and your fab whipped cream!!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Totally GORGEOUS cards!! Love the soft colors, too!

Valerija said...

Beautiful, Kelly. Love that cute image and the beautiful colours. Lovely colouring.

Arianna Barbara said...

Very cute!!! And colouring is adorable!!!

lritchie said...

Great cards with the untraditional colors, haven't seen corrugated paper in a long time!

Deborah Kaye said...

Fabulous cards! I really like the colors and the details you used on them.

Unknown said...

The 'I like you more...' card is my favorite, I love the babypink colour!