Sunday, November 12, 2017

A Merry Little Christmas

I've been working on this card since Friday and finally got a chance to finish it last night and now I am here sharing it with you today! I hope you are all having a blessed day filled with love and happiness! My cute boys are gathered around me chattering while I type! I asked my 6 year old how I should greet my readers and he asked why I said a bad word! LOL! I'm not quite sure what he THOUGHT I said! So...Hello and Welcome, friends!
'Tis the Season for me to share Holiday cards that aren't on Monday and are not for my Keeping Christmas series! Speaking of Keeping Christmas...I'm so happy! I went and got some Paperwhite Narcissus bulbs for THIS project and the hot cocoa for THIS project! I'm so excited!


Today's card is the result of some inspiration I got from watching TV. One of the women was wearing a black jacket with bold florals and I knew it would translate nicely into a Christmas design. I've been itching to use my "Flannel Plaid" background stamp that I've had for 100 years and I just love it looks with this card. I heat embossed it in black onto black cardstock for a fun effect. Once that was done, I cut a fancy edge using the To The Point Edger Dies. I also stamped the sentiment from the Happiest of Holidays onto  a strip of red cardstock and heat embossed in gold. I used the same edger die for this as well. I adhered it with foam squares making sure to line it up with the black piece. The green panel is embossed using the "Knitted" folder by Richard Garay. I just love the bold contrast between the red, black and green!

The Christmas greenery is die cut and stamped using the Spruce and Sprigs stamp set and the coordinating dies. I heat embossed the cluster of berries in gold to tie in the sentiment as well as add some interest. The entire thing is spritzed with shimmer spray and then I added some Nuvo Glaze over the top of the red berries for some realistic shine. I always let my red ink dry properly before adding anything liquid to the top because red inks have a tendency to bleed.

I added a few gold Nuvo drops here and there for some extra detail. The entire card is mounted onto a red A2 card base. Join me tomorrow for my Merry Monday Christmas design! Thanks for fluttering by!




1 comment:

Cindy Otto said...

Beautiful card!