Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Color Throwdown Challenge #470 (Warm Winter Wishes)

Can you believe it's almost Thanksgiving? I keep asking myself where the year has gone! I'm not complaining though, because I am super excited for the Holidays!  For this week's Color Throwdown Challenge I chose to stray from the traditonal Fall theme that these colors seem to invoke, but instead, create a warm Christmas design!

I just love these colors together and these cupcakes are absolutely adorable, too! I'll be sharing something Thanksgiving-y with these same colors later this week, so stay tuned.



To begin, I chose three images from the Tremendous Treats: Christmas that would work nicely in these colors. I die cut them using the coordinating dies and then stamped and colored them using Copic Markers. The snowman got a treatment of Liquid Applique on his hat and body for a snowy look. The Reindeer's nose and star have a touch of Nuvo Glaze for some added shine.


Tis the Season for me to use the "Knitted" embossing folder on EVERYTHING! LOL! It really helped invoke that "warm" feeling that I was hoping for. After I embossed it, I die cut some circles using my circle Nestabilities die cut. I sponged a Orange-y/Yellow panel to place behind the circles using Distress Ink. I popped the red piece up over the top and then added it all to a Kraft card base.


I placed each of the 3 die cuts onto the circle cut outs using foam squares for some dimension. I don't use ribbon very much anymore, but I thought this stitched "Merry Christmas" ribbon was the perfect touch. I also added a red jingle bell threaded with Chocolate Baker's Twine around the bow.

The sentiment is from Stocking Prints, but it appears to have been retired. You can still get the coordinating die, though. I embossed it in Copper powder for additional warmth. I hope you get a chance to play along this week! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so sweet! Thanks.

Wanda Cullen said...

I love this gorgeous non-traditional Christmas design! You really rocked these warm colors! Have a happy Thanksgiving!