Sunday, January 31, 2010

Be Mine!

I thought I had better get my Valentine's Day banner up before February comes and goes! I snuck some time while the baby was napping and made this in record time! I hate being rushed, but it was now or never! I purchased the paper the other day at the scrapbook store along with the ribbon and letters. I didn't re-invent the wheel here, as you can see. I just kept with what I know and got it done!
The papers, minus one, are all from the Vintage Valentine line by Fancy Pants. It was the perfect paper for the look I had in mind. The chipboard letters are from Making Memories and have become a fast favorite when making my banners.


I added some buttons from my stash, including the gaudy gold button that I never thought would get used, yet it is the perfect fit! I guess the saying is true, "never say never"! LOL! I love adding the crepe paper ruffles to the top, so I took some extra time to add those. I also added some aqua glitter to the top of each panel for some added detail. The accordion medallions have all been "glittered" with Vintage Glass Glitter, which I love and will tarnish with time.


I quickly punched some heart shapes using my SU! heart punch to layer some of the letters with. Quick and easy, but it really added some extra depth and detail. I also quickly added some zig-zag stitches to each of the panels. The bows and buttons are simply attached with hot glue, after each panel is stapled together. Like I mentioned before, I really will get the tutorial put together! LOL! The gang just got home from church, so I better run and get everyone fed! Thanks for fluttering by!

20 comments:

Elaine M said...

How lovely! You make the most delightful things. Thanks for sharing.

Hug your sweet baby for me - I miss having little ones around.

Tracy said...

You are simply amazing! With a little baby and two kids I really dont know how you find the time to create beautiful papercrafts? Well done to you :) Oh by the way, I really enjoy receiving your updates by mail.

lisa808 said...

Another beauty!

jen said...

This is soooo pretty- as always! I'm excited about your tutorial! Even though I've made a banner a couple of times, it's fun to see how you make yours so wonderful! For example, do you use glitter (and what kind of glue?) or stickles for all those glittery details?! :)
I'm so impressed you can still find time to squeeze your craftiness in! You are WONDERWOMAN! :)

Unknown said...

I know banners are really popular, but I have never been into them. However, this Valentine banner that you made is gorgeous! I love it:D Thanks for converting me:)

Wendie aka Tankergypsie said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Heather said...

Beautiful, as always. You should enter this into the Just Us Girls challenge. It is a Valentine's banner challenge. You would win for sure.

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Cecelia said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I cannot pin point exactly what I like because I love it all...the detail, colors, robbon, everything! This is wonderful!! xx

Brenda Brown said...

I just love this, the colours work so well, very inspirational. Thanks. Bx

My Secret Life in Lilly said...

Don't always have to reinvent the wheel, especially when it works so wonderfully! Congrats on baby Rowan! Such a cutie!
When you find time to make that video, could you also give a tip on how to keep the rosettes together...mine don't stay closed in the center...Truly, when you have time! Blessings to you and your family!

Missy said...

This is awesome. I am really not-so-patiently awaiting the tutorial but I know you have a lot on your plate and I am not even sure when I would be able to make one anyway.

anya said...

Fantastic Kelly! One of these days I really am going to make one of these banners! I just love them!

Elizabeth S. said...

So pretty!!! I just love how your banners turn out!!

Eveline said...

It's beautiful but I knew it would be.
Eveline.

Genevieve said...

I was actually checking to make sure you were not posting and resting . Please take care of yourself but really a great job Congrats on your projects big kiss to the family and sweet smell to the new addition
A mother

Cynthia said...

Ah, Kelly! This banner is divine as usual and LOVE that new paper! I'm amazed at all you do! Nothing - not even a newborn baby gets in the way of your artwork and such. You don't skip a beat! I'm sure you are having lots of happy baby moments and I'm so happy for you. Finally!!!

Vickie said...

You do the most beautiful work, it is always a delight for me to see what you have created!

Christi Flores said...

Gorgeous!! You do such amazing work!!

Leigh OBrien said...

This is a really amazing project, Kelly. You could sell these if it didn't cost more to buy and make...ha. That's how ALL of my projects turn out too. But, this is really special.

Congrats on your new little one!