Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Inspired Tea Pot Birthday

I thought by this morning that I would be holding my little bundle in my arms, but my appointment on Monday only lead to tears and dissappointment. Unfortunately, my Doctor felt it was best to keep baby inside for another week. I have come to terms with it and have been trying to look on the bright side of things. I still have my kids home as they are off-track in school so it will give me some more time to spend with them during the day; just the three of us. Life will change once the baby arrives, so I am trying to cherish these moments.
So...why not create something bright and cheerful to keep my mind off of things. I have a few Birthdays coming up in the next few days, so I thought I would be prepared and get everything done. I was perusing my newest copy of "Pottery Barn Kids" magazine and fell in love with a bedroom set that incorporated some tea pots. I knew immediately that I wanted to try and recreate the feeling onto a card. I chose to use one of my favorite sets, Tea For Two. The patterns of the fabric were fun and flowery and I knew right away that this Making Memories paper from last Spring called "Flower Patch" would be the perfect fit.






I had originally started making this card for my daughter's friend, who's birthday party is this Saturday, but the more I worked on it, the more I thought I might give it to my friend who's birthday is Tuesday. Hmmmm.....decisions, decisions. It definitely has a "little girl" feel to it, but I think all of us are kids at heart, deep down.

The sentiment is from another PTI set called, BirthdayBasics which is another one of my "Go-To" sets.


I stamped the Tea Pot twice so that I could layer them like the tea pots in the magazine. I also made a mat layer using my Nestabilities as well as the ribbon slider. As usual, I needed some glitter, ribbon, buttons, sewing and scallops to finish it off. This card is just what the Doctor ordered and now my mind is swimming with ideas for accompanying gifts, either for my friend or my daughter's friend. Hmmm...I think trip to the quilt shop is in order! Thanks for fluttering by!

20 comments:

Deborah Saaranen said...

This is gorgeous Kelly! My birthday is coming up...hint hint...LOL! I'm still a little girl at heart...!

Enjoy your time, baby will be here soon...

C said...

Fabulous card..love the soft, vintage colors. I know a set of twins who collect teapots that this would be perfect for. Do you mind sharing the name of the paper?

Cindy said...

I follow your posts thru e-mail updates, so I don't often come to your 'blog'.
I love your creations, your attention to detail is amazing. Good luck on your pending delivery. My son and his sweet wife are in labor today! Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent

Mary J said...

Sooo pretty Kelly! I wish it was my birthday so you could send it to me! ;)

Danni said...

Beautiful card! Hope your precious one is in your arms soon!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, this is totally GORGEOUS! Love your color choices, and the design, everything about this card is just wonderful!!

Betsy said...

((Kelly!)) LOL, I can so relate! My son was about 3 weeks overdue, the rascal, and I can easily recall the frustration. Have fun with your kids this week...you're right about life getting hectic afterwards! Love to see your feed come through the email...I really look forward to it! Hugs, Betsy Z

Anonymous said...

This is Gorgeous! I just love visiting your blog...

Janette Platt said...

Kelly, such a beautiful card. Hang in there girl, that baby will be in your arms before you know it. God Bless
Janette

Olivia said...

Beautiful shabby chic colors. Soft, and pretty.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a beautiful card. I love all the soft colors and patterns that just seem to come together naturally on this card. Enjoy your quiet time before the new baby comes.

Steph said...

Aww bless you - keep busy, that's the way. Wonderful card. x

The Travel Realm said...

Hi Kelly--just have to say I love the card. I also saw that page in the PBK's catalaog and tore it out for my inspiration journal.
Good luck with the new baby! I'm waiting also, for number 2--I still have to wait until Feb. though so I can relate to your impatience.

CherylQuilts said...

Kelly, this is gorgeous! So beautiful! Thinking of you this week as you prepare for your precious new one!

Allison said...

Gorgeous card! love the soft colours!

Missy said...

This is so fun. I don't know how you do it. All those patterns would intimidate me but you put them together so well. TFS!!!
P.S. I know what you mean about holding the baby. I still have 3 weeks but am probably going to have surgery sooner. I can't wait to hold this little one sooner rather than later. Enjoy your time with the other kiddos.

Wendy J. said...

Totally gorgeous card, Kelly! Love it!

Denise Young said...

Beautiful card! Good luck to you during the upcoming delivery.

katrynka said...

Very lovely card, is the ribbon slider a die cut? I really like it a lot.

Tammy said...

Oh how I wish I was on your list of friends you send cards too. They're amazing. Great job. Good luck with the new addition...how fun.