Saturday, January 9, 2010

*Sparkle* Banner



I took the time last night to get started on my new Winter banner that I have been wanting to get done. My goal was to get it done between Christmas and New Year's, but that didn't happen. It is now the 9th and I only have the rest of this month to have it up, since I will be hanging one for Valentine's Day. I have used the same one for two years in a row now, so I think it is time to refresh it so stay tuned for that. Also, someone mentioned if I would be making one, so the answer is a definite yes!




I promised a tutorial which you shall get. I took photos of each step as I was creating this, but it will take some time to get it all organized, labeled and posted, so stay tuned. I tried to answer every question that has been asked. Tomorrow I will be posting my "sneak peek" for the new Click Simple templates from Papertrey Ink. I will post it after that, which should give me enough time to get it all finished. As always, I had so much fun putting this together. I didn't add a ton of details because I was too busy photographing that I forgot to slow down and think things through. The sparkle and shine seem to make up for the lack of details, though. I also posted a new project on my other blog, Thimbles and Thread, which you can see here. I have a couple of other sewing projects that I finished this week that I will be posting as well. Thanks for fluttering by!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I was so excited when I saw that you had posted this beautiful banner! You are so talented and wonderful to share your creativity with us. I'm also excited for the tutorial that is coming.

For Christmas I made two "Believe" banners (one for my best friend, and one for our family), and there were things I wish I had done differently, but I get to learn from the banner queen! Woo Hoo!

You are so terrific to do this when you are so busy and also pregnant! I know that I appreciate it, and I'm sure everyone else that visits your blog does, too! Thanks again!

Missy said...

This is awesome. I love it. I can't wait for the tutorial and make a wonderful Valentine's Day one of my own.

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so pretty and FUN!!! I don't think I would have a place in my home to put something like this but I do have some vertical spaces that could use some decorating and I'm thinking I could improvise and do some kind of vertical banner. Thanks for the inspiration!!

lisa808 said...

Another gorgeous banner!

ChristineCreations said...

woo hoo! Getting so close to that baby coming Kelly!

Love the papers in this banner, it really has that wintery sparkly feel to it!

Eveline said...

Great banner, I'll look forward to the Valentine one and the tutorial.
Eveline.

Amy Rohl said...

Just love this, Kelly! I miss our Saturday sketches, so I have to be sure to check in on you anyway, since baby will be coming soon--so excited for you!

Hugs,
Amy

Lisa Brown said...

Beautiful job, Kelly! Thanks for sharing!

Leslie said...

I always look forward to seeing your banners they are so cute!!! Great job!

~ RebekahBoo said...

oh gosh!!! another beautiful banner...this one is gorgeous too. Can't wait for the tutorial.

CosmoGirl Carla said...

I love your Sparkle Banner! It's gorgeous!!!! So unique. Thanks so much for sharing.

I'm new to your blog, and just love your work.

Steph Zerbe said...

I coming by to see your banners and here's a new one. I love it!!!

Timmi said...

what brand of chipboard are you using - I love it

Denise Young said...

Love your banners! They are all so beautiful.

The Wired Angel said...

Thanks Kelly! I was trying to come up with something other than "Happy Valentine's Day" and this was perfect. Your banner is darling... Hugs, Peggy

DeeDee said...

Seriously your banners are really amazing. I would be hanging this longer than mid-Feb. :)