Thursday, February 4, 2010

Vintage Valentine-Be Mine!

I have been itching to use my TJ Designs stamps that are some of my favorites, but haven't been used in a while. I was visiting a couple of blogs the other day and saw that Melissa Phillips is starting a new photo inspiration challenge. I fell in love with the inspiration photo and it was the perfect springboard to start my design. I used Vintage Collage, Journey to France and a few of the fun designs from the European Collection Collage and Scrapbook Papers as well as a few different papers from K & Company.

The inspiration photo had a lot of fun elements that I like to work into my designs anyway, so it was really easy to put this together. I stamped the focal image directly onto a piece of ephemra that can be found in the TJ Designs Collage and Scrapbook papers at the back of the pack. I am in love with all of the postage stamps, labels, postcards, etc. that are so easy to use in my designs.





I stamped her crown using Pure Poppy ink and then added some bling, of course. I created the crepe paper ruffles by baste stitching a length of cream crepe paper and then gathering it, securing it with hot glue. I added some zig-zag stitching, buttons and glitter.

The final touch was a Martha Stewart label added to the top stamped with the "Be Mine" sentiment from Heart Prints. The red flower was also stamped with the "Moments to Remember" sentiment from the Vintage Collage stamp set. It is hard to see in the photograph, but it really adds a little bit more depth and detail.

Sweet little Rowan is crying for some food, so I better dash, but thanks for fluttering by!
Also, Jen is back with her SFYTT coming this weekend with some fun new changes, so look for that this Saturday!

10 comments:

Tammie Koehnen said...

Oh Kelly, your vintage valentine is so gorgeous! I love your creations. CONGRATULATIONS on your new healthy, beautiful, baby boy! I am so happy for you and your family!
:)

Unknown said...

This is so pretty! Love the ruffles around the main image. Great job!

Anonymous said...

I love everything about this card. The colors, the images, the embellishments. WOW!!! Love, Naturegirl

Steph said...

Such a gorgeous card - well done. x

Cecelia said...

I love the vintage look! This card is beautiful! xx

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Kelly, a beautiful card!
Clairexx

Meredith said...

This card is beautiful! I love all the elements of it!!!

Creative Momma said...

Beautiful card...love the vintage royalty feel..
hugs
marina

Sharon Wheet said...

I am always amazed at what you design, and i am surely not disappointed today! WOW! what a truly wonderful card!

Cynthia M said...

Ah, Kelly! Your vintage stuff just gets me every time!! This card is so gorgeous it gives me the goosebumps!! Such a wonderful "Kelly" creation!!