Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Card Making Marathon


My friend and I were talking the other day about how much we miss the card exchange we used to have in the neighborhood. It has been years, now, but last year for her birthday, I gave her a sack full of cards. She mentioned how she needed to sit down and make some cards since the ones I gave her were all gone. I had thought about giving her cards for her birthday this year, but didn't want to do a "repeat" gift. Well...since she mentioned it, I sat down after church and got started on a full collection of cards for her. I managed to make 26 cards for her; all occasions included.








I made my life easy by re-creating many of my old card designs that I have made over the last year or so, but did manage a few new designs. I thought I would share one of the newbies here. I made it in two colors with different sentiments. As you can see, the basic elements are almost identical to the elements I used on my Birdie Thanks cards, but just layed out in a different way.




I also made my life easy by making 2 of most designs and 4 of Thinking of You and generic Birthday cards. I will package it all up in a photo storage box with envelopes and stamps tucked inside. The Tea Box and Card that I showed the other day are also for her, so I will fill the box up with some goodies as I mentioned.











You all have been so sweet with all of your well wishes with the baby! {{{{HUGS}}}} to all!!!! Thank you! I will share pictures of the little bundle as soon as he arrives and I get home to post them. Thanks for fluttering by!

20 comments:

Mandi said...

Aww thought it was baby time LOL
Fabulous card, super idea

Wishing you all the best
mandi xx

Eveline said...

Love the cards.
Good luck, hope you have your baby soon.
Evelline.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

What a lovely gift to give! And no one but her will know the designs were basically the same!

Elizabeth S. said...

Fantastic cards! I love the different color variations.
Hope your little arrives soon and wish you all the best.
Liz

Missy said...

Great cards and a great friend. Thanks again for such great inspiration. I just love your work and you inspire me to step out of the box. Thanks.
GL with baby. Can't wait to see pictures.

Susan said...

What a lovely thing to do Kelly! Your cards are beautiful.

Jaime Benavides said...

Thanks for the constant inspiration and good luck with your delivery... Hugs!

Allison said...

These are gorgeous! Love the different colours!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE these ~ the layout is pure genius.
but then again, everything you do is outstanding. ;)
thanks so much for sharing.

Steph said...

What a fabby idea and such gorgeous cards - it's a super prezzie! Can't wait to see the photo of your little bundle. x

Lisa Petrella said...

Wow! 26 cards in a day! You go girl!!! What a fabulously thoughtful gift!! I bet your friend is going to LOVE every one!

I really like the layout of this card! And the soft yellow paired with kraft is just gorgeous!!

Best of luck to you!!! Can't wait to see photos of the new little one!

Elaine M said...

Great cards!! Hope you get time to rest up before baby arrives. Wishing you well!

nancy said...

What a fabulous gift. I'm sure your friend will want a three-peat.

Tanya said...

I love this idea! I've thought about doing a bunch of cards as a gift too...I might just do it!

Stef Perry said...

Beautiful cards, lucky friend! All the best with your new baby; looking forward to seeing pictures of the precious wee one!

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

BEAUTIFUL--as usual! Such nice, bright spring colors. Praying for safe delivery and health, happiness and joy for all of you. Blessings, Sharon

Jenyfur said...

absolutely beautiful! these cards just call to me - love them.

diane mcvey said...

What a wonderful gift you are giving your neighbor! Wow, who wouldn't LOVE to get all those beautiful greeting cards made by you!!??!! They are really pretty!
You have a VERY lucky friend, that will be so happy to have the cards. The best to you for your delivery! It's time, it's time!!! :D

Elaine said...

I wish my neighbors did a card swap like that! I love your new ideas and I bet your friend is even happier that you came up with them when she sees how pretty they all are! :)

Cynthia M said...

Kelly, you are my hero! 26 Cards in one afternoon? Goodness!!!! I can't even dream about that!!! You are so sweet to do that for your friend and I'm so excited that you only have 4 days to go!!! Oops, I accidentally typed 45 but quickly fixed it. That would be depressing,eh? Hope you have a picture perfect delivery if we don't hear from you soon!!!!