Saturday, January 16, 2010

Birdie Thanks Version 2

I needed a baby thank you right away since the sweet lady that I team teach with at church gave me a baby outfit last Sunday. It was totally unexpected since we had only been teaching together for two weeks. I wanted to get it sent out before I go to the hospital so I sat down and worked on a couple new prototypes. You can see the first prototype here. I really like that one, but remembered that I had the Cuttlebug bird embossing folder and wanted to try it with the bird image. I actually ended up by simplifying the card, which is always nice when you are mass producing things. As much as I like bells and whistles, I really do love a simple design as well.

While the two cards look almost identical, I realized that I had made a mistake when I made the first card; I layered the brown strip underneath the blue circle. Also, once I had layered the oval sentiment on the top of the card, I thought it would be nice to punch the larger oval through the card top and then pop up the smaller oval with foam squares on the inside.











I like the second version better and think that this is the one that I will be making. I didn't do any sponging on these two, which I actually like better than the first one I had made (see link above).





On Thursday I was able to take my kids to the local Children's museum and out to lunch. We had so much fun and I am now grateful for the extra week that I was blessed with. I was able to get the birthday gifts done that I needed to work on, sleep in, be with my kids and have fun! We have friends over right now and the kids are having fun. I am off to boil pacifiers and do some laundry! Thanks for fluttering by!

P.S. I posted one of the projects that I had inside the Onesie box on Thimbles and Thread for those that are interested.

20 comments:

Laura Pryor said...

This is so pretty. I love the photograpgh of this project too. Lovely!

Cheryl said...

Very pretty! I really love these Thank you cards.

Betty Benton said...

Each version is beautiful!

Melyssa said...

Oh Wow!! These cards are absolutely STUNNING!!!

diane mcvey said...

The cards are BEAUTIFUL!!! What a great design layout! I LOVE Cuttlebug folders, they are just the cat's meow! They are one of the best inventions EVER, IMO!
Have a great weekend, and I'll be anxiously awaiting the arrival of your newest little one! :D

Jean Franks Beck said...

These are all beautiful, but my favorite is the third and final, too! Gorgeous! So happy that you have been blessed with an extra week of family time with your two children, before the next little addition comes along. :)

Elizabeth S. said...

This a so nice! I love the layout with the punched oval and sentiment on the inside.

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

What a sweet little card, love the soft colors!

Frogs-n-Butterflies said...

Such beautiful cards!

ChristineCreations said...

I've loved everyone of these baby thank you's Kelly! Such fresh color and great use of layout and details. I know each will be appreciated!

Alyssa B said...

Aaaaaaggghhh! 2 days to go! I am so excited for you!! {huggs} Alyssa

jen said...

I love this! I have that CB folder too & it makes me happy!
Glad you enjoyed your time before the baby comes- good luck! ;)

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

This card is beautiful! I just love the blues! The baby blanket you did is awesome, too! I'd like one of those for myself! Blessings, Sharon

Shelli Deckard said...

Kelly~~~~TWO DAYS LEFT! HUGS!

Shelli Deckard said...

Kelly-----TWO DAYS LEFT! Hugs~~~

Missy said...

These are precious. Great job!!! I have at least another week maybe 2 before I get to hold my baby but you are giving me great ideas for thank you cards when I am able to. TFS!!!

Lila said...

these cards are so beautiful! thanks so much for sharing your talents!

Cindy Lyles said...

This is beautiful!! OMW your baby counter says one more day!!!! Can't wait to see pics of you and your wee one!! Best wishes -

Lisa Petrella said...

This is GORGEOUS! So simple and yet so elegant!!!

Cynthia M said...

Hi Kelly! 0 days to go!!! You are finally there!! I was expecting to hear about your bundle of joy but glad you got an extra week to sleep in and play with your kids. You have been so busy making such luscious creations!! I need to flutterby more often. I miss the warm fuzzies your beautiful creations bring me. You are so talented girl!!! Love you!!!!!!!!!!!