Sunday, March 2, 2008

Something old, something new...


...nothing borrowed or blue! LOL! I am behind on sending out some cards, so I am sitting down today and getting some made. My poor "Heartfelt Thanks" stamp set has been sitting on the shelf neglected for some time. I used to *always* reach for it. I used it at almost every workshop. I guess it was in need of some rest, but I think it has been long enough. I decided to pull some *newer* elements into the design, so that it didn't seem like the same old set doing the same old thing. I decided to use my mustard print pattern paper, moss taffeta ribbon and the large pewter eyelets (which is hard to see from the photo, but it where the ribbon ties in a bow). I like the color combo for a fresh, springy feel. I added some stickles in the center of the flower for sparkle and then I used my color spritzer tool on the flower image using my more mustard marker. I think this set will be seeing more ink in the future...I forgot how much I enjoy using it!

Supplies:

Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks, Everyday Flexible Phrases

Ink: So Saffron, More Mustard, Old Olive, Mellow Moss

Paper: Confetti White, Whisper White, Mellow Moss, More Mustard, So Saffron, More Mustard Print Pattern Designer Series Paper

Accessories: Large Pewter Eyelets, Stickles, Pewter brads, paper piercer and mat pack, crop-a-dile, Moss Taffeta ribbon, color spritzer tool, dimensionals

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful-- your colors and sketch are just gorgeous!! So fresh and pretty...I love Heartfelt Thanks as well, and have not used it in some time. You've inspired me to pull it out again!

DeborahLynneS

Marisa said...

Saw this on SCS and loved it and love it just as much now that I see it on your blog. This is one of my favorite sets too - think there may be a case in my near future.

Anonymous said...

Love the warm golden tone to this, very pretty!

jjcreations said...

Oh wow, this is fantastic. I love it. Joan

Christina Fischer said...

Love this card! The colors and sketch are great! It's funny -- I just posted a card today that I made with the same neglected set! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow........this card is amazing and love the mustard prints. Wonderful layout and design on this card!