Sunday, March 16, 2008

Simple Pleasures


It is the Featured Stampers Challenge over at SCS today so I thought I would play along. I don't normally participate in this challenge because Sunday's are hectic, but I decided I wanted to today. I chose to use one of the great baskets from " A Basket Celebration" by The Saltbox Studio. The sentiment is from the fences set by The Saltbox Studio. I also used one of my new embossing folders for my cuttlebug. I love those Dots! I distressed the edges of the focal image with antique linen distress ink from Ranger. I colored the image with copics and prismacolors. The photo really faded out the colors on the basket. It is much more vibrant in real life. I had fun with this challenge! Thanks for fluttering by!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly-- this has such *appeal*-- no pun intended--LOL!!! Love this crisp fresh design!

DeborahLynneS

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with this card...layers and Cuttlebug and coloring and colors, etc. It just all fits together so nicely! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love the jute stitched through the main image! What neat idea! You have so many cool layers going on here!

Kim said...

Kelly, love that color combo! GREAT coloring!

Beth said...

Adorable - color, layout and I'm loving the stitches you added. Beautiful!

CherylQuilts said...

I'm just browsing through your posts...and found this fabulous card. I so love that you love The Saltbox Studio, and this is beautiful! Thanks for sharing ALL your wonderful beauties with us. It's been a fun time looking back. I love doing this on a blog...just sit and look at past cards. Thanks!!