Thursday, October 20, 2022

Papertrey Ink October Release Day

It's release day for the Papertrey Ink October collection! There's an Instagram hop happening today, so head to @kellylunceford and you can start the hop there, OR you can go to the Papertrey Ink Instagram page for the entire hop list. You an leave a comment on each stop of the hop to be eligible to win one of the gift certificates! I decided to share my hop card here as well just in case you have any questions on how I created it!

To begin, I die cut the Winter Globe twice; stamping the sentiment, which is from the Winter Globe Sentiments stamp set, onto the bottom of one of the globes using black ink. I chose this sentiment in particular because I knew I'd be using the Peace die that is included in the new Winter Globe die set and I wanted them to coordinate.

I used bits and pieces from each of the new Winter Globe die sets so I will let you know which element came from which set. The main snow globe, snow drift, aspen trees, deer, bird, and the Peace word all are included in the Winter Globe die set. The snowflakes are included in the Winter Globe: Let it Snow die set, and the house and pine trees are included in the Winter Globe: Believe die set. Hopefully that was everything....ha ha!

I colored the aspen tree background using Antique Linen and Weathered Wood Distress Oxide ink, the pine trees are colored using Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, and Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink. The house is Antique Linen with whatever was left on my medium brown sponge dauber (haha!). The bird is colored using Festive Berries and Aged Mahogany Distress Oxide ink and the deer are colored using Antique Linen and a touch of light brown.

I die cut the Peace word and the bottom strip using silver glitter cardstock. Once all of the elements for the actual globe were complete, I got to work assembling it. I used the circle that was die cut from the main snow globe to serve as the background. I added a touch of Weathered Wood ink splatter and then layered everything on top using either liquid glue or foam squares. I added some white acrylic ink splatter over the top and then sandwiched the focal circle in between the two globes for security The bottom globe is attached using liquid glue and the one on top is secured with foam squares.

The background was created by hot foiling a 4 by 5 1/4 inch piece of Pure Poppy cardstock using the new Fanciful Snowflakes Background Hot Foil plate and Glimmer Red Glimmer Foil. I added some Scarlet Jewel ink around the edges for a little bit of added dimension.  I adhered it to a top-folding A2 card base using ScorTape for security. I then added the snow globe using foam squares. I tucked some Into the Blooms: Gardenia leaves and pinecones and pine branches here and there. The snowflakes are added in a triangle using liquid glue. I added glitter to give it that realistic snow globe look! 
The new release will be available for purchase tonight at 10 PM ET. Thanks for fluttering by!

 

1 comment:

Cindy H. said...

Oooh,what a gorgeous card! Love that sweet little scene and your beautiful coloring of it.