Monday, October 17, 2022

Papertrey Ink October Release Countdown Day 2

Welcome to day 2 of the Papertrey Ink October release countdown!  I'm thrilled to be back today to share two more projects with you using even more new products that you're sure to love! Up first is the BEAUTIFUL new Into the Blooms: Gardenias die collection; I'm officially obsessed and I know these will be used  often for sympathy cards and everyday cards! I wanted to throw a Christmas/ holiday spin on things because 'tis the season, right? ha ha!

Before I dive into the how-to, I want to point out the AMAZING new Fanciful Snowflakes Background Hot Foil plate! I'm so, so, SO in love with this and I KNOW I will be using it year-round because it could also pass as just a really cool pattern! ha ha!

I fell in love with this beautiful new sentiment, but it's not being showcased for a few more days, so shhhhh.....don't tell anyone! ha ha! I'm actually not even going to tell you the name of the stamp set because I'll give away the entire theme of the new set and I don't want to spoil it!

I heat embossed it in silver on a strip of vellum; this card is a little washed out, but it's the best way to see the detail of the embossing! ha ha!

I added a few sprigs from the Into the Blooms: Pine die for an added holiday touch! So, I feel like I've gotten ahead of myself and haven't started at the beginning! ha ha! So.....to begin, I hot foiled a panel of Weathervane cardstock using Glimmer Aluminum foil (love) and then die cut it using the Love to Layer: Notched die set. I also die cut the two largest squares from the Love to Layer: Squares from white cardstock and then layered them together using foam squares.

The Gardenias are die cut from white cardstock and then colored using Distress Oxide ink; same with the pine branches. I arranged them over the top of the squares using a combination of liquid glue and foam squares. I tucked the pine branches at the top and bottom to create visual movement.

I wrapped the heat embossed sentiment strip around the foiled panel and secured it with tape. Once that was done, I added the entire panel to a top folding A2 card base. I added a trio of sequins and some glitter to finish it off!

My second card for today uses quite a few new products: the new Elegant Edges Snowflakes, the new Vase Collection 13, Geometric Snowflake stencil, AND the new Inside Greetings: Believe! I wasn't sure I'd be able to pull off a card using that many products on one card, but it all came together in the end!

To begin, I used the new Elegant Edges Snowflake die to cut a panel of Stormy Sea cardstock. I layered it onto a panel of Soft Stone cardstock with the Geometric Snowflake stenciled softly at the bottom with Soft Stone ink. The sentiment is stamped in black offset to the right.

I die cut and stamped the new jug from the Vase Collection 13 stamp/ die set using Soft Stone and Weathervane ink. I added some pine to the jug along with the greenery from the new Rustic Wood Star die set that was showcased yesterday. The wreath is also from the set with a bow from the Bows Galore die set added to the side.

I added some white paint splatter over the top and a bit of glitter to finish it off! Thanks for fluttering by! Join me again tomorrow for day 3 of the countdown; you won't be disappointed, I promise! ha ha!

 

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

You 'had me' at grey again today, Kelly! Gorgeous!
=]

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards with all the lovely layers. TFS

Joan L said...

I LOVE your second card!! All those different elements…I would have never thought of putting them together! Beautiful!!

Carol said...

What incredibly beautiful cards you've shared with us today! I adore your creative ideas!

Emma S. said...

Your cards are magnificent!

Pauline said...

Wow, Kelly your cards are absolutely gorgeous! Wonderful ideas!!

Connie J Wine said...

Absolutely lovely and so well done!! That vase collection! The wreath! The bows!! All so good!!

JHixon said...

I fell immediately for your Gardenia card! So pretty! Adding color to the white petals was genius.