Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Papertrey Ink October Release Countdown Day 4

The Papertrey Ink October release countdown has absolutely flown by; I can't believe it's already day 4!  I have two fun projects to share with you today and up first is a treat/gift holder using the new Wonderful Wreath stamp/die set paired with the new Larger than Life: Believe die and coordinating Larger than Life: Believe stamp set! My project is a nod to Miracle on 34th Street, complete with the Macy's star on top! I had so much fun creating this post box just ready to be filled with letters to Santa!


I absolutely LOVE making 3D projects, but they sure do prove difficult to photograph! ha ha! To begin, I die cut the two panels needed to create the mailbox using the With Love Mailbox Die. I added some Fresh Snow ink around the edges to give it a frosty look as well as a little bit of dimension.  This is the portion of the mailbox that SHOULD have the handle or mail slot, but I wanted the Wonderful Wreath to have center stage, so I added the slot on the other side; you can see it in my next photo.

This is the other side of the box; I actually added the POST die cuts to both of the sides to give it some added detail. Apparently, the die to make the larger slot has up and gone missing, so I opted to use this smaller slot and just use a glitter die cut instead of an actual slot. This side uses one of the extra panel dies, also die cut from Pure Poppy ink to give it even more dimension. I die cut the POST letters using the With Love Die Collection and set them aside. I drew a straight line with a T square and a pencil so that I could line the letters up straight. I also cut the piece of paper that the letters came out of straight so I could line it up against the line. From there,  I used a fine tip 2 way glue pen to trace the letters. I dropped the letters back into place and pressed them down using my quilling tool, you could use a paper piercer or other sharp tool. Once they were secure, I gently removed the guide and erased the pencil line. Clear as mud?


The Wonderful Wreath stamp set comes with three different wreath base images and then lots of different sprigs, leaves, berries, and flowers to enhance the wreath. I used the one that looks like a boxwood wreath and then added a few sprigs, leaves, and flowers. I also tucked a letter to above the flowers that was die cut using the With Love Die Collection. I simply die cut it from white cardstock and then added some Antique Linen Distress Oxide ink around the edges to give it definition.

I die cut the Larger than Life Believe word twice; once from "gilver" cardstock (not quite gold, not quite silver) and once from Pure Poppy cardstock.  I glued them together using liquid glue for stability. I added it over the top of the wreath with strategically placed liquid glue. The remainder of the sentiment is heat embossed using gold ink onto a strip of Pure Poppy cardstock. In hindsight, I should have heat embossed directly on the mailbox before it was assembled. 

To secure the box, I opted for a mini clothespin adorned with a glitter "Macy's" star that was die cut using the Patriot Die and secured with 1/8 inch ScorTape. I added some white paint splatter to the top of the mailbox to mimic the look of a snowy day!



I added glitter to all of the stamped pieces for added sparkle and shine!

I added some extra sprigs, leaves, flower, and envelope to gussie up this side!


My next project uses the fabulous new Winter Snow Globes  and Winter Snow Globes: Believe dies paired with the Snow Globes sentiments stamp set. There is another Snow Globe die set called Winter Snow Globes: Peace, but I didn't end up using it today with the exception of the snow.

To begin, I created the background using the new Fanciful Snowflakes Background Hot Foil Plate (I told you I'm obsessed) using Silver Foil on an A2 sized piece of Spring Rain cardstock. I added some ink around the edges for a moody look as well as the FRAME out of the same Spring Rain cardstock with ink around the corners.

I die cut the main snow globe twice, which is from the Winter Snow Globes die collection, from Soft Stone cardstock and glued them together using liquid glue. I stamped the sentiment in black, which is one of my favorites from the release, but the entire Snow Globe sentiment set is absolutely fabulous. I also added a strip of silver glitter cardstock to the bottom that was carefully die cut from just the bottom portion of the die. I love the added detail and sparkle it adds to the card.

I die cut all of the pieces for the scene: the star background, the reindeer, trees, and house are all from the Winter Snow Globe: Believe die set, but I like the snow in the Winter Snow Globe: Peace better, so I used that instead. Everything is cut from white with the exception of the reindeer, they're die cut from black cardstock. I colored the house, trees, starry sky, and house using Distress Oxide ink and arranged them on the background using liquid glue and foam squares. I adhered the snow globe over the top using foam squares for dimension. I also added a few sprigs and flowers leftover from my first project to the globe. I added some white paint splatter over the top to give it a snow globe look and of course some glitter!

I can't wait to use the rest of the dies in the Snow Glob collection; they're so much fun! Switch up the sentiments and you can use them all winter long; can you imagine a Valentine's Day globe??? So sweet! Just a reminder, the new release will be available for purchase tomorrow night at 10 PM ET! Thanks for fluttering by!








 

3 comments:

Julie Bitner said...

Lovely cards!

Becky Green said...

Your little Post Box is ADORABLE! You've decorated it PERFECTLY, Kelly! And your Snow Globe Card is SWEET! WONDERFULLY DONE!!! ;)

JHixon said...

Your post box is so adorable! Would make a great Christmas tree ornament! Really love your snow globe card. The colors are great ! So cute!