Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Papertrey Ink October Release Countdown Day 3

Welcome to day 3 of the Papertrey Ink October release countdown! What's been your favorite so far? I think you're going to fall head-over-heels in love with the cute products being showcased today! I have quite a bit to share with you using the adorable new Gingerbread Bakery stamp/die set and another fun new die set called Trees of Cheer that I will be sharing at the end of today's post!

I've fallen in love with this cute new Gingerbread Bakery stamp set; it's one that is right up my alley and will be getting a TON of mileage year after year! I bake and deliver soft ginger cookies to friends and neighbors every Christmas season, so this set will be the perfect thing to help gussie up my cookie packaging! I promise I will share anything and everything that I make using this set.

Up first is a sweet card using many of the images included in this fun set; there is even more that I didn't show today, but some of the other designers did, so make sure to head to the Papertrey Ink blog, too! My background was created using the GORGEOUS new Fanciful Snowflakes Background Hot Foil plate that was showcased yesterday! It is so utterly amazing that I just couldn't resist using it again! I used Glimmer Silver Hot Foil on Mint Julep cardstock; it reminds me of an old-fashioned tin ceiling! I added a strip of Bitty Big: Pure Poppy pattern paper right down the middle. I also added a Mint Julep frame around the panel that was die cut using the Border Bling: Skinny Dotted Frame and secured it with liquid glue.


I had so much fun stamping all of the fun images included in the set; I die cut everything 4 times so I could use bits and pieces here and there! I'm obsessed with the cute gingerbread sign, the rolling pin, EVERYTHING!!! I die cut the medium sized oval from the Love to Layer: Oval die collection from white cardstock and built the scene over the top.

Since I had stamped everything ahead of time, I just had fun tucking things here and there until I was happy with the result! I had some leftover Pine branches from my vase collection card I shared yesterday so I used a few to tuck behind the oval for added holiday charm!

I was a little bit giddy making this gingerbread bakery treat holder; that's the kind of crafty session I love!!! I used the older Tent Style Packaging: Holiday House die for the main part of the "gingerbread bakery" and cut it from Honey Nut cardstock (this is the PERFECT cardstock/ink color to mimic gingerbread). I added some Honey Nut ink splatter over the top to make it look like a real cookie with all of the spices showing! I also added some ink around the edges of each piece to give it some added dimension. It almost looks good enough to eat!

Once the main portion of the house and the roof were done, I got to work cutting out the other house pieces using the Tent Style Packaging: Holiday House Accessories. I used the Holiday House Stamp Set for the windows, pine sprigs, door, trees, wreath, and "1225" house number. 


From there, I had so much fun adding the Gingerbread Bakery sign to the top; the rolling pin is a separate die and stamp. I simply added the "bakery" portion of the sentiment to the rolling pin and placed it below the gingerbread sentiment. You may have noticed that detail on my card as well.

I heat embossed the banner image using white ink on Pure Poppy cardstock and then cut it out using the coordinating die. I stamped the "cookies, pies, cakes, treats" sentiment using black ink. I want to point out the snowflake cookies in this picture; these cookies were stamped with Classic Kraft ink with Dark Chocolate details. I think I prefer the Honey Nut color for true gingerbread.

The bow is cut from Pale Peony cardstock using the Bows Galore die collection. I added a generous sprinkling of glitter for a sugary sweet look! The two chimneys are stamped with white ink and then glued together using liquid glue. For this particular box, you simply slide your treat inside, rather than tying it with a bow or twine.

I contemplated making a few tags for my third project using this set, but decided on another treat box so I could use the cute "holiday treats" sentiment.

To begin, I die cut the box using the Scallop Top Gift Bag die from Pure Poppy cardstock. I assembled it using Scor Tape. I heat embossed the "holiday treats" sentiment with white detail embossing powder and then added it to the top with ScorTape as well.

I used the wreath and greenery from the new Rustic Wood Star die collection to serve as a backdrop for my pedestal of goodies! I shared this tip last year on another treat box I made, but I used a velcro dot to secure the box at the top and opted for a paper bow instead of a real ribbon. This makes packaging treats up very easy and the recipient won't feel sad pulling off your pretty ribbon! ha ha! I also added the teeny tiny gingerbread boy to the center of the bow for added charm.

I love the little corner scrolls included in the set so you can frame your focal point!

My final project for today uses the new Trees of Cheer die collection; this set totally reminds me of A Charlie Brown Christmas! I can see Charlie and Linus searching everywhere for the perfect Christmas tree amongst the pastel "aluminum" Christmas trees I've featured here! ha ha!

My card also uses another fun stencil set; some kind of snowflake, but now the name has slipped my mind! It comes in a large and smaller size; this is the smaller size.

I especially love the way the tree pieces come so you can layer them for lots of dimension.

Thanks so much for joining me today...and sticking around until the end! LOL! Tomorrow will be the 4th and final day with the release being available for purchase starting Thursday at 10 PM. Thanks for fluttering by!

 

5 comments:

Julie Bitner said...

Your cards and treat boxes are just too adorable!

Linda C said...

Amazing as always!

Poppyseed Vintage said...

SO festive and inspirational Kelly! Your designs are really over the top in every way!

Connie J Wine said...

Gingerbread. Who can resist!! And then the trees. Just wonderful!!!

JHixon said...

So fun! The gingerbread is so cute. I can't help but think of Hansel and Gretal. So many ways to use this set! I like your colorful tree card as well.