Tuesday, October 11, 2022

A Pair of Autumn cards

I created a couple of cards a few weeks ago for Papertrey Ink and posted them to Instagram, but also thought I should write up a blog post for those of you who like the "how-to" on how I put them together! I must have been on a yellow kick the week I made them!
To begin this card, I die cut all of the pieces for the pumpkins using the Into the Blooms: Pumpkins Die from white cardstock. I used Distress Oxide inks to color the pieces; I was going for a white pumpkin look!

I also had a Sunflower left over from my second card I'm sharing today, so I added that to my pair of pumpkins. I used the Nifty Plaid background stamp to add the plaid pattern to the black oval using Fresh Snow ink. This was the perfect anchor for the pumpkins, Sunflower, and leaves. I layered it onto a 4 by 5 1/4 inch piece of Lemon Tart cardstock layered on a top folding A2 card base. Once that was done, I added some black paint splatter over the top.

I used the fabulous Perfect Pairs: Commodities Stamp Set for the sentiment; one of my favorites for this time of year! I stamped the "blessed" portion in black and then heat embossed the "to have you in my life" portion using white powder on a black strip of cardstock. I added a few sequins to finish it off!

I had every intention of using that larger sunflower on this card, but scale-wise, I just couldn't make it work! In the end, I was glad I had it to use on my first card! To begin this card, I die cut the flowers, stems, and leaves and colored them exactly like I did for the first card (obviously)! ha ha! I also die cut the super cute Mini Picket Fence from white cardstock as well as the Grassy Edge . I hadn't planned where I was going to put the sentiment when I set out, so in hindsight, I would have made the grass border a little bit bigger! ha ha!

Thank heavens is was JUST the right size for one of my favorite sentiments; it's included in the Just Sentiments: Spooky Mini Stamp set. I'm pretty sure it was meant to be used with pumpkins, it works nicely for flower patches, too!

The background was created by stamping the Wood Plank background stamp using Soft Stone ink on Soft Stone cardstock for a subtle, tone-on-tone look! I added the flowers, the fence and the grass using foam squares. I layered it up onto a panel of Chicken Scratch Gingham pattern paper for a country feel!


The finishing touch is a tiny tag from the Tag It Minis die with a tiny stamp from the Just Sentiments: To & From Essentials stamp set. Both of these cards were such fun to create! Thanks for fluttering by!


 

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Thank you so much for the detailed blog post. It is beautiful and much appreciated especially for those of us that have not yet jumped head first into instagram! Your abundance of bright, glorious yellow is wonderful!

Birgit said...

These are both gorgeous! I too, appreciate that you continue to share on your blog, for those of us who prefer the "old school" method of blog hopping. I am curious to know, do you mail a lot of your cards? I notice that quite often your cards have appendages that are overhanging the sides and I wonder if you use larger envelopes to mail them and do they require extra postage?

scrapchick2 said...

Beautiful cards. I, too, love your blog. I really like this format so much better than instagram.

Becky Green said...

BEAUTIFUL WORK, Kelly! I LOVE those pumpkins! SO LIFE LIKE, with the way the stem is done at the bottom & the curves of the gourd. And I am happy too, that you posted here. I don't do all those other social media sites. LOL I TRY to keep it simple! And I also LOVE your Sunflower Garden. Those sunflowers are LOVELY! BOTH of your cards make me SMILE! :D

Fred. said...

Your cards never disappoint! So beautiful!

Valerie said...

Beautiful cards!! I particularly love the first card with the pumpkins. It’s just absolutely stunning.