Monday, January 3, 2022

Papertrey Ink Flash Sale {Happy Valentine's Day...with love}

Happy New Year, friends! I hope 2022 has started off great for all of you! I'm sharing a floral Valentine's Day card today with some fun stamps and dies that will be included in the Papertrey Ink Flash Sale this week. I used quite a mash-up of products to bring this design to life!

To begin, I die cut the flowers and a few sprigs from the Sprigs and Sprays die collection and then stamped them using the Sprigs and Sprays stamp set. I stamped the largest cluster of flowers using Pure Poppy ink and then stamped two smaller clusters using scarlet Jewel for some contrast between the two.

The background was created by stamping the Weathered Wood Background stamp onto a panel of white cardstock using Weathervane ink. I die cut both the Border Bling: Skinny Heart Frame and the Border Bling: Skinny Frame and layered them together using liquid glue. I didn't want to see through the hearts, so this layering step made it so it was one solid looking frame. I glued it over the top of the wood background using liquid glue.

I die cut the hearts using the I Heart You Dies; one using the scalloped border and a solid heart, and one using the scalloped border and the intricate heart. I layered them together using foam squares and then placed them over the top of the flowers and leaves. 

I heat embossed the "Happy Valentine's Day sentiment, which is from the I Heart You stamp set, using black detail embossing powder on a strip of vellum. I wrapped it around the framed focal panel and secured it in the back using adhesive.

I stamped the "with love" portion of the sentiment, which is from the Just Sentiments: Valentine stamp set, using black ink tucked between the flowers and sprigs. I layered the entire focal panel onto a top folding Weathervane card base using liquid glue. I added some glitter and sequins to finish it off! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

No comments: