Monday, January 24, 2022

Papertrey Ink January Release Countdown Day 3

Hello and welcome to day 3 of the Papertrey Ink January release countdown! As promised, I'm sharing two more cards today using so many fun new products from the new release AND those dahlias I can't seem to put down! Up first is the cutest new set called Pattern Play! Who knew a set of patterned circles and dies could be so much fun? I'm having so much fun with them and know I will be reaching for them often! 

When I set out stamping my circles, I envisioned something on the Valentine's Day end of things, but when I saw how cute the blue dahlias from yesterday's bird card looked with the patterned circles, I decided to make a few more!

To begin, I stamped the largest pattern in Pure Poppy, the next pattern in Simply Chartreuse, and the smaller circle using Pure Poppy. There is a super cute small gingham pattern that I'm itching to use, but that will have to wait until the end of the countdown!

I created my dahlias and leaves by die cutting everything from white cardstock and then colored them using an assortment of Distress Oxide inks. I glued them together using foam squares and liquid glue and set them aside to dry while I got to work on the background elements.

I used the same elements for this card as I did for my first rose card from day 1 but switched up the colors and size of the scallop stacker for a completely different look. I love how it turned out; it complements the patterns and flowers so well.

I arranged the patterned circles and flowers here and there and then added a quick "thinking of you" sentiment from the newer Jar Accessories stamp set.

My next card uses both the new Pattern Play stamp set  and the cutest new set called Band-aid Wishes. I am obsessed with the older band-aid set that was released YEARS ago...I think it was called Healing Wishes, but I can't remember. Anyway, this one has stolen my heart, too! I love that you can create all sorts of different patterns for the band-aids!
I die cut the band-aid box from Lemon Tart cardstock and then added the die cut "get well" sentiment using the included die. Some Summer Sunrise ink around the edges really gives the box some contrast. I die cut the "red cross" symbol using Berry Sorbet cardstock and added it to the box using foam squares and then a coat of Nuvo Crystal Glaze.
Once the box was done, I set it aside to let the glaze dry while I worked on the band-aids. I die cut them from white, Lemon Tart, Berry Sorbet, and Sweet Blush to fulfill my bright and sunshine-y feeling I wanted for this get well design.


I stamped the largest circle from the Pattern Party stamp set using Berry Sorbet ink and die cut it using the die. I layered the box stuffed full of cute patterned band-aids on top of the circle using foam squares and liquid glue to adhere the stack of band-aids.

I've surprisingly only used the new Border Bling: Blooming Hearts die for one card, so I thought it would be super cute for this card. I die cut it from Sweet Blush cardstock and glued it to a top folding A2 card base. I also added one of the Border Bling: Skinny Stitched Frames in the center using foam squares. 

I added the circle with the box directly in the center and then clustered the flowers and leaves around the box. Thanks for fluttering by!

 

10 comments:

Karen said...

Two stunning cards! Those dahlias are fantastic and a great way to showcase the new patterned circles. Love that heart border!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much!🥰❤️🥰

Casandra Bennett said...

Great group of cards. And the theme is perfect for what's going on in our world right now.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much 😊

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. I love the dahlias, so glad I got them, they look great on the patterned circles. The lacy heart border is so pretty and makes beautiful cards. TFS

Sue said...

Love the colors used and your designs! I think giving a card to someone who is under the weather would just brighten their day.

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Girl, you always blow my mind! Such gorgeous cards! ☺ mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much 😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much 😊

Kelly Lunceford said...

You’re so sweet! Thank you so much!❤️