Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Papertrey Ink Flash Sale {Sending Sunshine}

I'm popping in quickly this evening to share my card for this week's Papertrey Ink Flash Sale! I chose to use the beautiful and easy-t0-use Brighter Days stamp set as the focal point of my card with the Vintage Postage stamp set and Vintage Postage Sentiments stamp set to accent the flowers! I think I must be subconsciously yearning for springtime colors because my card I'm sharing tomorrow uses some of these same hues! ha ha!


To begin, I die cut all of the pieces that I would need for the flowers and bow using the Brighter Days dies. I stamped the flowers using a combination of Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, and Canyon Clay ink using a small blending brush to "tap" out the harsh lines from the ink pad. The foliage portion is stamped using Spring Moss and Simply Chartreuse ink. I used liquid glue to adhere the flowers to the stems. The bow is stamped in Canyon Clay ink for contrast. 

I absolutely adore the Vintage Postage stamp set and chose to stamp it in a slighter darker shade than the foliage. I thought that Ripe Avocado would be a good choice and it was! It ended up being the perfect contrast between the flower clusters. 

I stamped the "Sending Sunshine" sentiment in black and then added the accent images next to each word using Summer Sunrise ink. I had to use my MISTI to get them saturated....I see a "reinker" party in my future...all of my inkpads are bone dry! I don't think Utah's dry winter air helps out AT ALL! ha ha!

I die cut the postage image using the Nesting Basics Rectangle die along with the Nesting Basics Pierced Rectangles die to give it that extra detail that I just love. I thought this step was important because the size of the rectangle was too large to allow the pierced detail from the Border Bling: Postage Frames Die to show, so I added it this way. I die cut the Postage Frame from Lemon Tart cardstock and then layered the stamped panel using foam squares. I adhered it to a top folding A2 Spring Moss card base using additional foam squares. I added some glitter to the flowers and bow to finish it off! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

No comments: