Monday, October 12, 2020

Flash Sale {Framing Florals: Christmas}

It's Monday and time for this week's Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper Flash Sale! It's been so fun coming up with different color combinations to give you some variety in your collection AND at a discount! The sale will run from Monday, October 12 at noon, until Wednesday, October 14 at noon ET. 

Paper: Ocean Tides, Dark Indigo, Olive Twist, Pinefeather

INK: Ocean Tides, Dark Indigo, Olive Twist, Ripe Avocado, Classic Kraft, Cocoa Bean, Pinefeather, True Black, Versamark

I've created two cards today using both the wreath image and the diamond image to show you a few different possibilities. These cards were such a joy to create and I had so much fun putting them together. I really like how this color combination turned out as well! 

This first card uses the wreath image doubled up, and  popped up using foam squares for maximum dimension. I stamped the "Happy  Holidays to You" sentiment directly in the middle using black ink for some nice contrast.

I die cut all of the different images and stamped them so I would have a lot of choices when it came time to start arranging the wreaths. I love all of the berries and different sprigs that are included to really give your projects some variety.

I used the Border Bling: Skinny Diagonals Frames on both cards. This one uses the largest frame and my other card uses one of the smaller frames, both die cut from Dark Indigo cardstock.

I don't think I say it very often, but I've REALLY been enjoying all of the Just Sentiments stamp sets. The "warm wishes" that I used on this card is heat embossed in white onto a strip of Olive Twist cardstock and is from the Just Sentiments: Be Merry stamp set. I used this same set a few weeks ago on my Cheerful Trees cards that you may have seen. I just love having little sentiments like this to tuck here and there or use as the main sentiment.

This second card uses the diamond shape image and die with the "Joy to the World" sentiment, which I love. I paired the "Christ is Born" sentiment, which is also from the Just Sentiments: Be Merry stamp set, to highlight the message of this card.

I used a new paintbrush for the white paint splatter and it ended up looking like enamelware. I just love the cozy Christmas vibe it gives the design. I forgot to mention that I added just a touch of white splatter on the previous card. I use sticky notes to cover up the parts that I don't want to get ink splatter on them, which is mainly the sentiments and any other portions that I feel it will add visual distraction.

As you can see, the smaller frame is used as an anchor for the wreath, sentiment piece and all of the sprigs and foliage. I added some glitter and some sparkling clear sequins for added holiday shine.

I thoroughly enjoyed making these rustic looking Christmas designs and will enjoy adding them to my stash! I really liked this unexpected color combination for Christmas as well. I feel like I'll be running out of ideas before the season is up, but it's been super fun coming up with different combinations of colors for each week's sale. I hope you're getting a chance to pick up some of your favorites at a discount! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

8 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

I’ve really enjoyed the flash sales not only for products but for your color combinations too! I would never have put these colors together without your inspiration. How do you do it? I realized after checking my inks lately that I gravitate to a handful of colors so I thank you for the help. Discounts by the Queen of Colors, you are definitely my Go to Gal! And I love this post! 💖💖

Jan said...

While this isn't a color combination I'd have thought of for the holidays, I really like it and will probably use it at least once in the months to come. Thanks for the inspiration!

Connie said...

Wonderful card designs and very interesting color choices, Kelly!
A fresh new look!

Marie said...

Love the color combo. How different a stamp set can look just by using other color schemes.

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you so much, Marie!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Connie!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thanks so much, Jan!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Thank you, Stephanie! It has been fun!