Saturday, October 3, 2020

World Cardmaking Day with Pinkfresh Studio {With all my Sympathy}

Happy World Cardmaking Day, friends! Today Pinkfresh Studio is hosting an ALL DAY event over on their BLOG with tons of challenges, inspiration and prizes using many popular techniques and card categories. I chose to focus on Sympathy cards, which for me, I HATE needing, but they are essentials to have in your stash to send out in a timely manner. I actually just sent out the last one in my stash this last week, so I thought it would be a good time to get some made!
I made two identical cards using two of the beautiful sentiments from the Forever in our Hearts stamp set. I simply switched colors and sentiments for variety. I still need to make a few more cards to add to my stash, but this is a good start!

To begin both cards, I die cut and stamped the beautiful bouquet from the Modern Layered Floral stamp set in pinks and yellows. I adore this beautiful bouquet and use it often on many types of cards. This design would work well for any occasion, really!

I die cut three of the different styles of the Lacey Edgers and added Coral Reef and Passion Fruit ink to the pink ones and Sweet Mustard and Marigold to the yellow ones, leaving one white for a soft transition.

I used my mini MISTI to stamp the sentiments near the bottom right corner of each of the cards, leaving enough room for the lace portions AND the bouquet. I added the lacey pieces using 1/8 inch ScorTape for security. I created the outer frame using the Diagonal Stitched Rectangles and added it using think foam strips. The bouquet it layered over the top using foam squares for dimension.

It's no secret how much I love the Artistic Bows so I added one to each of the bouquets using hot glue. A few sparkling clear sequins and Essentials: Jewels finish off these two cards. I layered them onto soft gray card bases using ScorTape. I hope you get a chance to make a few sympathy cards for your stash! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

3 comments:

Cindy Otto said...

I love these darling cards. Great job!

Conniecrafter said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Gosh, where is the time going? I bet you don’t even have the time to think about that. Kelly, your design is lovely yet touching. I have this stamp set and I’m so appreciative that you’ve used it on many beautiful cards. I wish your idea was used on more blog sites. It makes me feel like our stamp money is well spent. Thank you for your awesome blog posts! 😊💞