Monday, October 5, 2020

Flash Sale {Warm Christmas Wishes}

Happy Monday, friends! I'm back today with this week's Papertrey Ink/Ink to Paper Flash Sale! I think I've mentioned this before, but if you'd like a sneak peek of what will be included in this week's sale, sign up for the Papertrey Ink newsletter and you can find out Sunday afternnon/evening! I chose to use traditional colors this week, but with a vintage twist! I absolutely adore using Vintage Jadeite for my Christmas cards! This week's sale will run from today at noon ET until Wednesday, Oct. 7th at noon!

INK: Pure Poppy, Pinefeather, Scarlet Jewel, Versarmark, Vintage Jadeite, New Leaf

PAPER: Vintage Jadeite, Soft Stone, Bitty Big: Pure Poppy, Luxe Silver cardstock


My Christmas card stash is GROWING! I had so much fun creating these playful, vintage-ish Christmas designs! I absolutely love any stamp set that has berries and holiday foliage for me to use!

I cut two 4 by 5 1/4 inch panels of Vintage Jadeite and then die cut them using the Tin Stitch die to give the outer detail. This is one of my favorite dies and I find myself reaching for it quite a bit! I added some New Leaf ink around the edges for some darker contrast. I die cut and stamped a bunch of the berries, leaves, and greenery so I would have a lot of different design options.

For this card, I die cut and stamped the wooden sign frame in Pure Poppy and then stamped the sentiment in black. The Rustic Brick Background is heat embossed in white onto a panel of Soft Stone cardstock.


For this card, I used the scalloped circle as a guide to use the greenery to create a holiday wreath. I just added the leaves and such here and there to create a cheerful wreath.

The berries are stamped in both Pure Poppy and Scarlet Jewel ink to give them some shadowy dimension. The leaves are stamped in Vintage Jadeite and New Leaf, with the pine boughs stamped in Pinefeather.

The "nails" are die cut from silver cardstock and the "hanger" portion is die cut from black cardstock. I added these using liquid glue with a precision tip.

I always like adding an inside greeting to my Christmas card for a more polished and professional look. I used the Inside Greetings: Holiday Magic stamp set for these two cards and stamped the sentiment in Pure Poppy ink! A bit of glitter and sequins finish these off! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

2 comments:

Ida said...

Lovely and festive card. Love all the details of this card that make it extra special.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Festively Christmas! How’s that for a new adjective? It’s another wonderful design! Thx for sharing! 😊💖