Monday, March 23, 2020

Pinkfresh Studio March 2020 Essentials Slim Cuts Release Blog Hop


Hello and welcome to the Pinkfresh Studio March 2020 Essentials Slim Cuts Release Blog Hop! This has been such a crazy time that it feels good to do something fun and enjoyable, am I right? This new release is incredible and is perfect for someone like me who is still new to the "slim line" card making style. I've made some here and there, but these new Essentials dies will allow you to make fabulous designs in a snap!
As usual, there will be a $25 dollar gift certificate up for grabs to one lucky person who leaves a comment here on my blog. 
One lucky winner will receive the entire release on the Pinkfresh Instagram page as well as on their Facebook page so don't forget to leave your comments there as well! You must check the Pinkfresh Studio give away page and redeem your prize within two weeks!
And now, here is the list of amazing designers who are participating in today's hop!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

I have three cards to share with you today; the first 2 using the AMAZING new Slim Stitched Scallop Circles Die! This is one that has my name written all over it, so I was thrilled to use it on two of my designs today! 

Up first is this purple and yellow card using some of my favorites. These colors sit opposite of each other on the color wheel so I knew that they would make a bold statement. The delicate flowers in three shades of purple keep it sweet and simple in nature as well. I will link the INKS and then just tell you which  colors I used where, if that makes sense. 

To begin, I die cut the slim panel using my Cuttlebug and white cardstock. These dies are long, and I don't own the extender plates, but I was able to cut these without any hassle by just cutting half and then sliding the uncut portion onto the plates for the second pass. I added  some Marigold ink around the edges keeping it lighter in the center and more concentrated around the edges. The flowers are from the Wildflower Sketches stamp set and I die cut six of the same flower using the coordinating Wildflower Sketches die set and then used my mini MISTI to stamp them all assembly line style. The three shades of purple are: Candy Violet, Lavender, and Soft Lilac. I love that you can easily create multi colored blooms with this particular image since each cluster of flowers is a separate stamp. The leaves are stamped in Fresh Pear ink.

I used the "Live life in full bloom" sentiment, which is from the newly released Layered Bouquet stamp set. I've been thinking a lot about the way life is now and the things that I have taken for granted in the past. I hope that I can always remember to live life in full bloom! I added some black paint splatter for some added interest as well as a little bit of green ink splatter. As usual, I just can't resist adding the beautiful Jewels here and there.

My second card uses the same panel but this time I decided to create a vertical design. I kept my color combination the same as well, but using the Soft Lilac ink for the card base. I also broke up the sentiment in the top and bottom circles to keep the eye moving along the length of the design. These flowers are from the Layered Bouquet stamp set linked above.

I also added the fun Diamond Tiles pattern to the top portion of the design for some added detail and interest. I also used the Frame Builder: Botanical diamond die set to add the die cut details to the top and bottom corners.

My third and final card for the hop uses the new Slim Ornate Banner die set. I noticed that the link was incorrect for this, so just head to the Pinkfresh Studio shop to see that one. I used the smallest and second smallest pieces for this design.

To begin, I stamped the floral cluster from the Full Bloom stamp set and then colored it with an assortment of alcohol markers and then die cut it using the coordinating Full Bloom die

It's no secret how much I adore the Kelly Alpha Lowercase dies and kept it simple with a basic "hi". I also added the heat embossed "smiles and hugs" sentiment which is from the Floral Vase stamp set.


I layered all of that onto a black slim line card base that measures 3 5/8 by 8 5/8 inches. That is the standard measurement for all of the new Essentials Slim dies.

Some jewels and black ink splatter finish up this floral design! I had so much fun working on these three designs! I'll definitely be adding more slim line cards to my card making routine from here on out! Thanks for fluttering by!

104 comments:

Karen O said...

Such a fun card with the size and shapes to accent with. Thanks for showing new opportunities

jan metcalf said...

What a fun way to rethink designing a card! Love fresh ideas and pretty cards!! Also love the yellow and purple color combo!!

Macimbalo said...

So many gorgeous cards! I love all the variety and ways you have shown to use the new release!

Sandi Maciver said...

wow, so many pretty details on your beautiful cards.
Your ink blending for the background is absolutely perfect
and highlights the die cutting and extra elements beautifully
thank you for sharing

Karthikha said...

Wow! Such pretty and super beautiful floral cards!! I'm loving this release and all the inspirations :)

Miriam Prantner said...

I'm really excited about these new dies, I love your cards, especially the second one, the yellow/purple combo is so pretty and love the design of the card!

Jackie said...

Beautiful card and such lovely, cheerful colors. I think we can all use more beauty in our lives right now, thank you for sharing this!

Gloria said...

Beautiful cards with happy colors

I Card Everyone said...

As always, Kelly... beauty abounds here!
=]

Sue D said...

Love your beautiful card designs!

Eve N said...

Fantastic cards! Love seeing you use these slimline dies combined with Pinkfresh items I already have.

Susanbcards said...

Oh my, your cards are so beautifully executed. I love all the details! The black card is my favorite, I love the bouquet!

Becca Yahrling said...

You make it quite hard to pick a favorite! These are all beautiful. Love slimline cards and their recent comeback.

Christine said...

One gorgeous card after another. I love the circular windows, and really like the creative way you used them for sentiments. The floral bouquets are so pretty!

Marie said...

Beautiful cards Kelly. I never think to make slim cards, and I'm glad you have shown these, as now I'll go make some!

Anonymous said...

These new dies are so exciting....
Just the thing we need since
We are stuck at home...!

Anneleise Hampson said...

Lovely cards, your yellow card is very eye catching!

Beth Jo Schoeberl said...

So beautiful! Love the framed circles with the tiny bouquets!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Love your cards and the new slim dies!

Gardenrose said...

Your cards are so lovely!! What an awesome release! Would love to try this new slim size - looks like a lot of fun! Already have many of Pinkfresh Studio regular die frames and use them all the time!

Anita said...

Love your florals and the cards you made.

vascrap said...

Love the circle dies. Thanks for sharing.

Sherri in Phoenix said...

Love a fresh idea of the new size cards but will there be nice envelopes available for them? hate to put a pretty card into a business envelope. I am always too practical!

MelissaF said...

Love the slimline card designs, the yellow and purple color combo and the layers, oh the layers of goodness!

Margarita Navarro-Rivera said...

Beautiful cards! I love these new slimline dies!

Colleen Guggenberger said...

What beautiful cards. You are truly talented.

judy said...

I love the slimline dies and your beautiful cards!

Lindar C said...

These cards are lovely, such a great releasse.

Nandini said...

I really, really love the cards. My favorite is the second. It is so bright and cheerful.

Susie, Athens GA said...

Happy, happy, happy yellow card! I love it

Carol said...

Thank you for these beautiful card ideas. Especially like all the uses of the circle dies with the flowers die cut around them.

Melissa Leftrick said...

Stunning creations!! My favorite is the black/pink. Thank you so much sharing.

Tina Dorrington said...

All of these amazing ideas and happiness. It's wonderful

Anonymous said...

Loved all your many design ideas using the slim line dies. Great inspiration, thanks for sharing

jeanneragan said...

All 3 of your designs are amazing! I loved the second card you made with the scalloped circle die. You added so many little details that just make the card a piece of art!

Tiffany PR said...

Lovely cards!

Karen said...

I love every one of these cards; those circle dies are going to be a must-have!

Gloria S said...

I so love your cards. The bright yellow slimline card is very striking with the lavender flowers. Gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing your time and talent.

Patricia Coleman said...

Beautiful cards!!

Anonymous said...

I am loving these slimline floral cards! They are even more beautiful because of the bigness :). Yours are just bursting in color, I love them!

Kristine said...

I just love all these new narrow dies and I love your ideas for using all these beautiful new products!

Debbie said...

such beautiful cards! I think these slimline designs will be such a nice change!

Bonnie K. said...

Beautiful cards! The yellow flowers on the purple background is my favorite. Wonderful ideas for these new slimline dies!

MadeByMeghanK said...

Your floral slimlines are amazing! I LOVE the yellow tulips... just beautiful!

Nora Noll said...

These cards are amazing!! I LOVE the tulips and your shading on these cards!!

sharon g said...

I just love all of the yellow you used. It is so springy

Lauryne Cunningham said...

Wow! Gorgeous cards! I love all of your color combinations, especially the yellow! Beautiful designs!

Conniecrafter said...

These are just beautiful creations, love the windows for the sentiment and pretty flowers on all!

Teresa Kim said...

Beautiful cards as always!! I love the slim line products 💕

Sara Kelley said...

I love these ideas. Slimline cards would be so useful for cards at the office.

Holly's Handmade Card said...

So pretty!! Love these slimline cards!

JMN said...

All gorgeous cards using these new release slimline dies, love, love, love.

Mirella said...

These are all gorgeous, but the last card is definitely my favourite! What a release! YAY!

Lana said...

Your cards are gorgeous! What talent!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Oh I love the yellow and purple combo! And the shading on the card stock is great!

Pat Gasko said...

Oh How Pretty each card is for sure. My favorite card is. . . .All of them! I can't chose just one and your colors and designs are perfect.

Roslyn Jin said...

Love those florals! Such pretty slimline cards.

Mary Holshouser said...

Fantastic cards. Love the
fancy scallop edging on the
die cut. The card with
the three windows was great.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anne said...

Kelly, your colors are so bright and cheerful...exactly what we need during the COVID-19 pandemic! YAY PINKFRESH for re-inspiring the craft community with this new release! By far, my favorite release of 2020...and I cannot wait to own them ALL!

jean said...

love th elittle flowers. these cards are gorgeous have already ordered a die and stamps

Jeanne Beam said...

Such beautiful cards! Love the amazing colors.
Thanks so much for sharing...

Stephanie Clapper said...

O my gosh, I could go on & on about your fabulous cards and how much I love each design! This is an awesome post & so are your beautiful projects!

Mary-Anne V said...

Wow these card designs are just so inspiring...love these new slimline dies.

Michele K. Henderson said...

ALL of your cards are so gorgeous! I just LOVE how much yellow you have used in your collection, a color that has always said happiness and sunshine to me, and we all could use some more of that! Beautiful designs and absolutely amazing looks!
Warm Hugs,
Michele K. Henderson
crimsonowl@comcast.net

Cyndi said...

Your cards are amazing. I love this fantastic release, and I'm particularly loving the beautiful Layered Bouquet set.

Aimee Phillips said...

All of your cards are simply stunning using the amazing variety of new Essentials slim Cutz dies. So many beautiful creations definitely inspiring for sure.

Connie said...

Wonderful card creations, Kelly! The slim design is unusual but you have done a great job with the look. Thanks for your inspiration!

Heidi Rees said...

Such beautiful cards! The different colors on each are all very striking!

DorothyA said...

Your cards are so beautiful and colorful. These are fantastic dies. Thanks for the inspiration.

Dana M said...

Wonderful cards! Sweet and lovely designs. Fabulous inspiration using the long format.

Allison F said...

Amazing cards! I love all the flowers and layouts you used

see mary stamp said...

Beautiful projects. Especially love the circle card with the yellow background and pretty flowers.

Evelyn said...

Love your cards, this new release is so amazing. your colors and design are beautiful.

Gail Spresser said...

Love all your cards - just gorgeous. Thank you.

Jean said...

THese slimcut dies look wonderful. Such amazing cards and inspiration!

Denise Bryant said...

Love the Slim Stitched Scallop Circles! Beautiful slimline cards with these awesome Slim Cuts dies!

good2Bqueen said...

Hmm, I can't decide which card I like best! The black and pink on the last card is quite stunning, but I think covering the middle window on the second card is such a clever way to extend the use of the die. Great cards, all of them. Just really, really great.

imacraftydiva said...

Absolutely stunning cards!!! Purple is my favorite color, and being from MN, I have a fondness for all things purple and yellow (Vikings colors lol). And then I scrolled to the third card and was truly wowed. The black & white with the pops of color - OUTSTANDING!

Christine Lowery said...

Every blog I visit makes me "need" these more and more! A new favorite... that hi card is awesome.

Gail Davidson said...

Stunning cards! I love the whole release!

Carrie Rhoades said...

These cards are just amazing! The yellow ink blending, the stunning flowers, the die cut letters, WOW. I am in love with this slimline release!

MTPatB said...

These cards are so much fun. The circle cutouts lend themselves to many designs. I love the black background with the lavender cardstock and pretty flowers.

Annette Reed said...

Your cards are very pretty. I like the black card base. It really makes that banner pop. Thanks for showing the circle die both ways. They look lovely.

Annette Gordon said...

I really like in all your cards how you have bits hanging off. It just adds an extra touch! Love all the floral's! They are always my favourite!

Natalie Dill said...

Such gorgeous spring cards!

Subhashini said...

Love the bunch of gorgeous cards!! Each one is unique. Thanks for the inspiration

Amy C. said...

Wow, inspiring cards! I love all these new dies from Pinkfresh.

Sam B said...

Loving these new slimline dies. Your cards are gorgeous - especially like the cheery bright yellow one!

Mrsfish02 said...

Oh what gorgeous blooms. I love that circle die with those flowers poking out. Beautiful soft colors. These slimline essentials are so exciting. I don't think any other company has anything like these. Love them all and the blooms and sentiments, really great!

Amber Bissonnette said...

The new dies are so versatile! Your projects are beautiful

Ericka Strange said...

Gorgeous cards and I love the yellow! SO pretty and bright. Love how you used the slimeline dies. Great job!

bienchen mittwollen said...

Beautiful cards! The scalloped circles are my favorite from this new release 😍 theyvare just stunning! I really love your designs with them, especially your choice of colours is very beautiful!
Thank you so much for the amazing inspiration ❤️

Ms. Tamp said...

I like the circle die. I like the idea for the longer space for design ideas.

BrendaLea, the Prpldy said...

Outstanding cards! I love the way you layered your images with the new slim dies., especially the yellow one where is looks like the sentiment is peeking out.

Jen Carter said...

These are all gorgeous! I love the Spring colors you used! Absolutely beautiful!

Chandhini said...

Lately I've been in love with yellow and purple colour combo, love your cards.

Melanie said...

All of your cards are beautiful, but I especially love the last one that says "hi."

Janea aka Naya said...

I'm in LOVE with your cards! They really drew me in on IG and I had to check them out closer. I have saved these to my inspiration file for future use when I can get my dies too. Just lovely!

Ta-Tanisha said...

Kelly, your cards are GORGEOUS! All of them. The yellow panel with the soft purple flowers is swoon-worthy. Great job and thanks for sharing.

Renee V said...

So pretty!

Luanne said...

Absolutely beautiful designs! I love these new Slimline dies!

Judy Price said...

I love your cards! I had to really look to see the diamond frames on the second card (probably because of being not in person). The black on the third card is really sharp! Well done! Thank you for sharing your time and talent with us all!

bbaxterj@frontiernet.net said...

Your first two cards look so delicate! I love how you have the flower hanging over the top cutout in the lead/second card. And the purple and orange color combination is gorgeous! i also love the bright colors you used against the black in the last card. All your cards are beautiful!

Karen Letchworth said...

The Braided Circles, the wildflowers, and SO many great touches. Your cards are stunning, and this new release from Pinkfresh is AMAZING. Thanks for sharing.
Karen Letchworth