Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Ink to Paper March Release Countdown Day 1

Hello and welcome to day 1 of the Ink to Paper March release countdown! Today the team will be showcasing a fun new stamp/die called Beautiful Bouquet and a fun new sentiment and tag die that complement everything as well. I have two projects to share with you so make sure to scroll to the bottom to see both cards.

I've also used a beautiful new die collection (which will be showcased on its own day coming up) called Love to Layer Notched die collection. I know this will be one of those "can't put down" die sets! I used it for both the main focal panel as well as the sentiment panel.

This new bouquet set is put together like a puzzle; each piece has its own special place, so to speak. It really takes the guess work out of the actual composition of the bouquet if that is something that you struggle with.


I added some green Nuvo drops in the centers of a few flowers and added some sequins here and there for added detail and shine.


My second card uses the stamped stems from the Beautiful Bouquet stamp set paired with a few of the blooms included in the set.

The "special delivery" sentiment is from the Beautiful Bouquet Sentiments stamp set which is a companion set that works perfectly with these images. I heat embossed it in gold onto a piece of vellum and then die cut it using the new Beautiful Bouquet Tag die.

I die cut it again out of Pale Peony cardstock and then layered the two using some Jute Button Twine to secure them together with a bow.

I added some sparkling clear sequins here and there for added detail.

I added some black paint splatter using a fine tip paint brush to get smaller spots.

Both of these cards were a joy to make on this overcast day. Thanks for fluttering by!

3 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Kelly your layouts (designs) are a fresh new look & I love them! Beautiful work!! 😊

merryf said...

oh Kelly, these are both just stunning! I love everything about them!

Martha Herrera said...

Another set of gorgeous cards, Kelly!