Saturday, November 16, 2019

Spellbinders Small Die of the Month {Season's Greetings}


I'm a little late in sharing my cards using this month's Spellbinders Small Die of the Month, but I'm in LOVE with these beautiful Kaleidoscope Snowflakes! I know that I will be using these all winter long, and for years to come! They cut like butter and are so fun to use! I was able to die cut them from the heavy glitter cardstock without any trouble!

To begin both of these two designs, I watercolored  the panels using Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolors in a green and purple. I also spritzed them with Shimmer Spray for some holiday sparkle. I set those aside to dry while I got to work on the snowflakes.


The purple card is more simple than the green design, only because these snowflakes are smaller in size and easy to add to the panel. I die cut each of the three sizes using gold glitter cardstock; actually, I prefer to use the name "Gilver" because it's got a hint of silver in the gold. It's one of my favorites for projects like this.

Once the panels were dry, I used one of my favorite embossing folder from We R Memory Keepers. It gives you two different looks depending on the side that you use up; you can see the difference in the green one because I flipped it for that one. I bought it on Amazon, but I can't find the listing anymore.

When using the folder on the opposite side, like I did on this one, it gives it more of a star looking appearance which complements the snowflakes nicely. This particular snowflake is assembled by die cutting each individual "segment" so to speak. I die cut the bottom portion from gold specialty paper, also found at Hobby Lobby and the top portion is die cut from the same "Gilver" glitter cardstock.

The sentiments are from an old SU! set called Many Merry Messages and is one of my very favorites; I will never part with it! These are the perfect accent for these fun Kaleidoscope snowflakes.

I added some white paint splatter to this card for extra detail. I really like the look and feel it gives the card. The purple one felt a little more elegant so I didn't add the splatter. The finishing touch on both cards is a sprinkling of sparkling clear sequins for some additional detail and shine! I had so much fun with these beautiful dies. Stay tuned for another post using the Large Die of the Month which is super fun and festive! Thanks for fluttering by!

4 comments:

Carol R said...

Elegant looking cards.

jan metcalf said...

Very pretty!

Greta said...

I just got my Spellbinders kit & I have that embossing folder--now to case your gorgeous cards! Love both, but the green is my favorite!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! Oh my goodness, you put your heart into these gorgeous cards. A LOT of work and they really, really turned out beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing the process!! 😊👏