Friday, November 15, 2019

MFT & Friends {Happiest of Birthdays to You}

Hello and welcome! I'm so excited to be here today sharing a floral birthday card using the amazing new Fantasy Florals! This is such a fun image to color and it works perfectly for so many different occasions! I was in need of a birthday card, so that is how I used it today!


To begin, I stamped the large image using Extreme Black Ink. Once that was done, I put on some music and got to work coloring it using an assortment of alcohol markers. I used the coordinating Fantasy Florals Die-namics to die cut the bouquet and set it aside while I got to work on the other design elements that I used on today's card.
I used the "celebrate" word die that is included in the Celebrate With Cake Die-namics collection and die cut it twice from black cardstock. I trimmed off the edges that are meant to be used a cake topper with some sharp, fine tip scissors for precision. I glued them together using a 2 way glue pen and adhered that to a piece of the same black cardstock.


I love the tone on tone effect it gives this design; It adds a hint of detail without being distracting! I was able to place the floral bouquet onto the panel at this time, using the die cut word for placement. I stamped a birthday sentiment from the Bitty Birthday Wishes stamp set stamp set onto a strip of white cardstock using the same black ink that I used on the floral image.

I added the sentiment over the bouquet, making sure to center it, using foam squares for added dimension. I also added some Wink of Stella over the top of the colored bouquet for some sparkle and shine. I also added a trio of sparkling clear sequins here and there for additional shine and detail!


While this card is simple in layout, I gave it a little bit more depth by layering a 4 by 5 1/ 4 inch piece of white cardstock directly to the top folding A2 card base using a tape runner adhesive. The entire black panel is adhered to the card using foam squares for dimension. 



This is one of those designs that I wished I'd made more than one! This would be so easy to mass produce and then switch up the sentiments depending on your needs!  Thanks for fluttering by and have a beautiful day! 

3 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Kelly! Your florals are so pretty with all the bright colors of the rainbow! And your tone on tone Diecut gave it the WOW factor! . When I saw Celebrate, that’s exactly what I said! I’m going to keep in mind adding the extra piece of white cardstock too. It’s a simple addition that adds a lot. You may call this a simple layout, I call it absolutely beautiful! I hope all is well with you, Hugs, Stephanie. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’–

Cindy H. said...

Oh, so lovely! Though the bouquet is gorgeously colored, I also love the diecut sentiment and how you added it to the card. Thanks for the inspiration, I expect I'll be trying this on a future card, too!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is just gorgeous, love how it pops against that black background!