Monday, November 11, 2019

Pinkfresh Studio {Bold Holiday Cards}

Hello and welcome! Today I'm sharing two cards over on the Pinkfresh Studio Blog and here as well! I went for a bold and unexpected color combination and I love how these turned out! I've been using a lot of traditional red and green with many of my holiday designs, so it was fun to switch gears for these two cards!

I created the green tree card first and then that inspired the second design. To begin, I die cut the green tree image using the Merry Days die collection and added some ink blending around the perimeter using Olive ink. I repeated these steps on the frame as well. Once that was done, I was able to heat emboss the main image.

I cut a piece of cardstock measuring 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches wide and then heat embossed the image. Once that was done, I was able to add the frame and the tree die cuts using foam squares.

I also heat embossed a bow from the Season's Greetings stamp set and added it as a topper to the tree. I heat embossed the sentiment in gold onto a strip of black cardstock. I added it to the card using foam squares. I used a post-it note to cover up the sentiment and then added some white paint splatter over the entire card front. The finishing touch is sprinkling of Essentials: Jewels adhered using liquid glue.

My second card is lighter, and cleaner, but just as bold in my opinion! I layered the blue frame over the top of a panel of white cardstock that is dry embossed using the Folklore Die. I had it leftover from a previous project and it adds just the right touch of detail and dimension peeking out from the frame.

I stamped the wreath in black and then colored it using Copic markers. I left the stamp in my MISTI so that I could stamp it AGAIN, but this time with Versamark ink so I could heat emboss the outline! I layered that onto the black center portion, which is a die included in the frames collection. 

I heat embossed the sentiment on a green strip of cardstock and layered that over the top of the wreath. I added the same paint splatters to this design as well,making certain to cover the sentiment. A few jewels finish off this design! Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: