Monday, November 11, 2019

Ink to Paper November Create-a-thon Day11

Welcome to day 11 of the Ink to Paper November Create-a-thon! I'm sharing two similar, yet slightly different cards with you today using some of my favorites from last month's release! I've been creating with a lot of traditional red and green as well as a lot of blue hues for snowy cards, so I decided to switch gears and make something pink! 

I started with two pieces of Bitty Big: Pale Peony pattern paper cut to 4 by 5 1/4 inches. I heat embossed the sentiment at the bottom,which is from the Inside Greetings: Blessed Beyond Measure stamp set, using Silver Embossing Powder. I attached the frames which were die cut using the Pierced Feature Frames, using Tombow adhesive. I would normally use foam squares when attaching frames like this, but because of the intricate border at the top, I needed them to be flat. This entire panel is layered onto a top folding A2 cardbase.

I die cut the white snowflake borders using the On the Border: Splendid Snowflakes twice and attached them flat side against flat side to create a larger snowflake pattern. I used the Splendid Snowflakes stamp set to heat emboss the snowflake in the middle. 

From there, I was able to add the "JOY" letters and bow which are from the Season of Joy stamp set using foam squares. I also added the "this blessed Christmas season" on both of the cards, but in different places. I couldn't decide which one I liked better, so I made one of each!

I added a few sparkling clear sequins here and there for some sparkle and shine.  I'm happy to be able to add these to my Christmas card stash which is growing at a steady rate! Thanks for fluttering by!

5 comments:

Patti H. said...

Very pretty, Kelly! Love the pink & silver & the awesome design!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. love the color combo and great design. TFS

Vicki A said...

What a pretty card! I love the color combination.

Denise Bryant said...

Love the way you used the snowflake border! Beautiful card!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors you choose!