Thursday, November 7, 2019

Inspired By...blankets {I can't bear being so far away}

Hello and welcome! My card is pulling double duty today; I'm over on the SugarPea Designs Blog as well as my sample for this week's new Inspired By Challenge. I was thrilled that I was able to use so many unexpected stamps and dies together to use for today's card!
This is one of those weeks where I didn't have "the perfect stamps" or even knowing where to begin, but I love how it all turned out! My post was due for SugarPea Designs so I decided to use that as my starting point! I am IN LOVE  with the Leaf Cover Plate and it reminded me of the pattern in the 2nd blanket from the top, so that was the real starting point! I was inspired by the colors, the fibers and textures, and patterns.

I really wanted to incorporate some Autumn colors and textures to create something a little different for a "snow globe" scene, but I was so thrilled with how it turned out! To begin, I used the Leaf Cover Plate to dry emboss the Teal piece using an embossing mat in my die cutting machine. I love the rich, bold texture that it gives to my designs! I had already decided that I would be using the "I can't bear being so far away" sentiment from the Hey Winter stamp set, so I thought it would be fun to use the Postage Stamp SugarCuts to give it a postal vibe, since this will obviously be mailed to a far away place! I die cut it out of Kraft cardstock for a rustic feel.

I stamped the bear and scarf using black ink and then colored them using Copic markers. So far this bear has only been colored to be a polar bear at my house, so it was fun to give him some warm colored fur this time! The scarf was colored as well, but then I added some plaid using a white gel pen. I love the added visual texture it gives to the card as well as incorporating some of the blanket weave.

I used the coordinating Hey Winter SugarCuts to die cut the scarf and the bear and set them aside while I got to work on the Snow Globe. I die cut the base pieces using grey cardstock and the white portion is stenciled using the Falling Snow Stencil and some Moonstone Glimmer Paste. It's hard to see in the photo, but it gives it some added sparkle and looks so cute!

I stamped the sentiment onto the base portion of the snow globe using black ink. Once the glimmer paste was dry, I added the bear using foam squares and the scarf using liquid glue. I added some sequins here and there to reinforce the feeling of sparkling snow!

I've been having so much fun adding holiday/winter foliage to the snow globe on some of my other designs, but I decided to switch things up and add some autumn berries and leaves. Some of the images from the Meadow Motifs stamp set were the perfect choice and I love how they turned out. I added even more white details using a gel pen. I added these to the card using foam squares. I bow of jute button twine finishes off the design!


I attached the entire card front to a white top folding A2 card base using ScorTape for security. I had so much fun using all of these different stamps and dies to create this autumn design! Thanks for fluttering by!

1 comment:

Nicole Parmentier said...

This card is so adorable! Love it!!!