Saturday, November 16, 2019

Spellbinders Large Die of the Month {Special Delivery}

Hello and welcome! I'm a bit late sharing my projects using the Spellbinders Large Die of the Month, but they are so much fun to use! This month's large die is called "Santa's Helpers" and I've also included the add-on die called Santa's Reindeer that I will talk about later in today's post!

My unexpected favorite in the collection is the elf; you can either create a boy or a girl elf, depending on your needs. I decided on this sweet little boy, which in the end, is reminding me of a Precious Moments figurine. I think it's the shape of the eyes and the placement of the white dot.

I added some color to his cheeks by adding some pink chalk using a ball of tissue. Do you think I could find my sponge daubers? Ugh! Oh well...this technique worked just fine as well!

To dress him up a bit more, I added some tiny jingle bells to the tops of his elf boots and to the end of his hat. I also added some buttons using liquid glue.

Mr. Santa is actually a top folding card, but he looks so cute next to this little muslin sack that I couldn't resist. I found these cute bags at the Dollar Spot in Target a few weeks ago and I bought a few of each design. These "Santa's Helpers" will be the perfect accent to attach to these bags.

I added some Liquid Applique to the pom pom on Santa's hat for some extra realism and dimension. I also added some chalk blush to his cheeks as well, but just before I added the beard.

Here is Santa's Reindeer all ready to guide his sleigh. I realized that I attached his hooves upside down, but oh well! LOL! I thought he looked like something was off!

Rudolph got a shiny red nose by adding some Nuvo Crystal Effects over the top. I also added some white dots to the top of his head using a white gel pen.

This festive crew will accent these cute bags perfectly!

These would be perfect to jazz up a treat sack or just to use as a tag for a Christmas package! Shaped tags like this are some of my favorites! I had so much fun working on these cuties! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Migdalia said...

OMG! Super adorable!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia Rodriguez
Migdalia's Crafts

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi again! Kelly, these are absolutely adorable! I couldn’t get over that you made cards from the shapes too. Each one has the cutest details and are so sweet. You knock it out of the park, with every post. Can hardly believe I’m thinking about pumpkin pies already! Love this post! (but I actually love them, lol). ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’–