Monday, October 7, 2024

Fall Leaves and Pumpkins Please

Football games for my boys have taken the place of card making on World Card Making Day for many years, but I decided to sit down yesterday and make a few cards instead! I'm still patiently waiting for it to FEEL like fall and LOOK like fall, so while I'm waiting, I will create my own fall! ha ha! I did take a drive up the canyon last weekend so I could actually see the fall foliage in the higher elevations, which was great!
I made two cards using almost identical elements, but switched up the layout and the accent sentiment.

For both cards, I cut panels of Autumn Rose cardstock and stamped them with Autumn Rose ink and the Plaid Background Stamp from Taylored Expressions. I bought it when it was first released, but this is the first time it has gotten inky! I added some Autumn Rose ink around the edges of both panels using a blender brush.

Next, I die cut the FALL word twice for each card using the Larger than Life: Fall Die from Vintage Cream cardstock. I glued two together using liquid glue and then added some Autumn Rose ink splatter.

I temporarily placed the FALL word and then stamped the accent sentiments using Fresh Snow ink.  Once that was stamped, I was able to add the FALL word using strips of foam tape for dimension.

This particular accent sentiment fits perfectly in the space between the F and the loop from the L.

Next, I die cut foliage from the Into the Blooms: Christmas Sprigs die collection and then inked them up with Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, Honey Nut, Autumn Rose, and Classic Kraft ink. I also die cut some mushrooms using the Into the Blooms: Mushrooms Die and colored them with Pale Peony and Classic Kraft ink.

I perused my Pinterest Card Inspiration board and this card was the result of that inspiration. This particular card also uses a leftover pumpkin from one of my August release projects and is from the Measured in Abundance Stamp Set to tie in the "pumpkins" portion of the sentiment! ha ha! I might be more of a gourd, now that I'm giving it more attentions, but oh well! I added some shimmer spray and glitter to each card for some sparkle and shine!
Thanks for fluttering by!

 

No comments: