Friday, September 6, 2024

The Greetery {Garden Inspired Strength For Today}

Hello and welcome, friends! I'm happy to be here today sharing two cards using the fabulous new Strength For Today Stamp/die set! It’s my favorite from the latest release and I’ve been itching to create some cards to add to my stash. I would love to just take a lazy day and make a whole set of cards using each one of these beautiful sentiments; doesn’t that sound lovely? Autumn is creeping in and I love cozy, crafty days!

To begin my cards, I die cut the foliage, which is from the Bird of Paradise Border Die, and colored it using oxide inks and finger sponge daubers. I also die cut both the moth and the dragonfly using the Jumbo Curiosity: Moth die and the Jumbo Curiosity: Dragonfly Die. There are stencils included so I used those to ink them up.

The background for both cards was done using the Wicker Weave Stencil; I didn’t want a full panel, so I just concentrated the stenciling in certain areas. Once that was done, I trimmed each panel down to an A2 size, added some salvaged patina distress ink with some Tropical Teal ink splatter. I layered the foliage using foam squares and then added the moth/dragonfly.
I die cut all of the sentiment pieces using the Strength for Today die; I wasn’t sure which sentiments I would use for sure, so I just cut them all out! Ha ha! I stamped them with the Strength for Today stamp set using black ink and then added them to the top of the panel using additional foam squares for dimension.

The final step was adding the panels to top-folding A2 card bases using liquid glue. I gave each one a spritz or two of shimmer spray and a trio of sparkling clear sequins. Both of these cards will be added to my stash; these are the types of cards I like having on hand because you never know when someone is going to need a little pick-me-up! Thanks for fluttering by! 

No comments: