Tuesday, April 9, 2024

The Greetery {A Note to Say...Hello!}

 


Hello and welcome friends!  I'm popping in with something fitting for the upcoming spring season. As I was preparing my Easter dinner and dessert, I chose to serve strawberry shortcake and those beautiful berries inspired today’s project. When the To Pie For Die came out, it was autumn pie season so I was thrilled to pull it out for the spring season and make something fresh and fruity!

To begin, I die cut the strawberries using the BotaniCuts Strawberries Die  from white cardstock. I used finger daubers and Distress Oxide inks to add the color to both the greenery, berries, and flowers. I added some extra detail using colored pencils to the individual leaves, the berry tops, and the little strawberry blossoms. Once that was done, I set them aside and got to work on the pie.



As I mentioned earlier, I used the To Pie For Die; I die cut the crust portion from Fine Linen cardstock and the “filling” portion from white cardstock. I used the extra bits of lattice strips to weave though crust for an authentic lattice pie crust. I used some brown ink to add to the edges of the crust for that “golden brown” look and over the top of the intersecting lattice portions for realism. The “filling” was colored using the darkest ink I used on the berries. I glued the entire thing together to complete the pie and set it aside.


The background was created using the Square Dance Stencil. I used the same color ink for all of the steps for a subtle tone-on-tone look, but used different pressure for each of the steps.
 I added some ink splatter in a darker ink for some contrast and interest. I added it to a top-folding A2 card base using liquid glue and then got to work with the arrangement of the card. I didn’t have a “set” idea for the sentiment so I had fun looking through options, but finally settled on the Scripty Hello Die and the accent sentiment from the Scripted Sentiments Stamp Set.

I used the swirly portion from the Frosted Frames Die and left the loops intact because I like how it “grounded” the frame a bit more. I added it to the stenciled background panel using liquid glue. I added the pie with foam squares pretty much in the middle of the card, added the berry cluster using additional foam squares. The sentiments are also added using mini foam squares. I added a few berries and leaves to the bottom with some additional blossoms for added interest. This is one of those cards that just makes me happy and I sure hope that it makes the recipient happy, too! Thanks for fluttering by!

2 comments:

Becky Green said...

Kelly, this is BEAUTIFUL! I LOOOVE the lightly stenciled background you've done!(I always get heavy handed...LOL) Your pie looks SCRUMPTIOUS! ;)And ALL of the little details are WONDERFUL! I DO think, your recipient will LOVE THIS!!!! THANK YOU for the inspiration, HOPING to be able to sit & do some stamping today!!!! ;)

Cindy H. said...

You pie looks delicious, Kelly! Now if only it were real and I could have a slice (smile)! Love all the beautiful details you added.