Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Beautiful Blessings of Spring

I'm on a spring card kick if you haven't noticed! I treated myself to a few of the new goodies from Honey Bee Stamps that I simply couldn't resist! The tulips are getting ready to bloom here and I can't wait....so, in the meantime, I will make some paper versions!

For this card I used the delightful Lovely Layers: April Showers-Honey Cuts and the Blessings of Spring Stamp Set. A few additional products found their way into my shopping cart, so I'm hoping to sneak more crafty time to play with those soon!

I die cut the umbrella pieces from Bitty Big: Pink Posey pattern paper, with the exception of the black stem and the pink handle, and then added some SU! Regal Rose ink around some of the edges. I used the layering guide that came with the dies, so I used that for shading cues. I glued everything together with liquid glue and foam squares to create the illusion of a real umbrella.

I set that aside and got to work on the flowers. I die cut all of the pieces I planned on using to create three flowers each, but as you can see, I didn't end up using that many. These are good sized blooms, so you don't need too may to fill up the boots. I die cut all of the pieces from white cardstock and then colored them with finger daubers and distress oxide inks.

The boots are die cut from Lemon Tart cardstock with some shading using SU! Crushed Curry ink around the top portions. I used liquid glue to add the bottom portion that is covered up by the sentiment! ha ha!

The bird was die cut from Fine Linen cardstock for all three layers. I added dark brown distress oxide ink to the base , left the middle layer as-is, and then added lighter brown to the top layer and then glued it all together. There is an impression where the eye is so all I needed to do was use a fine-tip sharpie marker and a white gel pen to create a realistic looking eye.

I cut a piece of Echo Park gingham pattern paper to 4 by 5 1/4 inches and adhered it to a top-folding A2 card base using a tape runner. I added the boots using foam squares and then the umbrella. I had fun filling the boots up with the bloom and additional leaves. The birdie is perched on the toe of the boot. I added the sentiment and some glitter and a few dew drops for a raindrop feeling! I can't wait to play with these darling dies again soon! Thanks for fluttering by!

 

3 comments:

Becky Green said...

Kelly, I can see how you were drawn to these dies! HOW SWEET! You've shaded them PERFECTLY, as they have nice depth to them! I LOVE that umbrella! It is PERFECT for these rainy Spring days! ;)

Marcia Hill said...

What a wonderful Springtime card Kelly! The umbrella with all it's shading, the sweet birdie, and beautiful flowers and rain boots are AWESOME! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Cindy H. said...

Oh, Kelly, this is such a sweet card! Love the colors, the die cuts, and the lovely arrangement that you've created.